Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King tut's assassination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: king tut Reply with quote

ucrave4me wrote:
yeah hi king tut died at a very young age like 15 or something. well anyway loard carnevon wanted to move king tuts blongings to the us but the egyption people said if he were to reove them from egypt the a huge curse would cross him,and of course he ignored the people and had dont so. About a few weeks later ladie evalyn had got a phone call saying carnivon was dead. He was at home alone with his parrot and suddenly his bird stopped chirping when carnevon went to go check it was dead so carnivon left and told his friend about it later that day he had gotten really sick and he died. Many people say it was cowencedence but some say it was the curse of king Tut. Confused
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Exclamation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Tut also changed the religion back to normal, after his father, Akhenaten, changed it to a one god worship.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaten wrote:
Yes, People do think that Tutankhamen could have died from a blow to the lower back of the head. Actually, the sliver of bone at the back of Tutankhamen's scull in the X-ray was from behind the nose. It was dislodged during the embalming process when the embalmers were removing the brain, which they did by sticking a hook up through the nose, breaking the thin bone behind the nose, and pilling it out pieces at a time. Sorry if I grossed anybody out.

It is said that Tutankhamen had a spinal problem called Scholeosis, but I don't believe you can die from that.

-Akhenaten-
Rolling Eyes yes its true that the bone was losened or dislodged during the embalming process but it was broken earlier so a blow to the back of the head might of caused that so that might be evidence for muder. Confused
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

king tut had some disablilities...this could have been an excuse for someone to kill him.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, King Tut may have had a disease that would have made it hard for him to walk and turn his head. Maybe this was a sign of weakness to others who thought that their Pharaoh should be someone strong?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaten wrote:
Yes, King Tut may have had a disease that would have made it hard for him to walk and turn his head. Maybe this was a sign of weakness to others who thought that their Pharaoh should be someone strong?
Have you guys ever thought that King Tut might of comited suicide or maybe even fell off a chariot at war I mean it's possible. If King Tut was disabled he maybe felt depression and saw suicide as the only way out. But I think it kinda sucks that it doesn't say how he died, we'll never know.
Quote:
[/list][/list][/code]
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it turns out that he had scloerosis (Don't think i'm spelling that right) and clipofile (Don't think i'm spelling that right either). Further to that, one of the little mumified feotuses had scolerosis also.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:
Yes, People do think that Tutankhamen could have died from a blow to the lower back of the head. Actually, the sliver of bone at the back of Tutankhamen's scull in the X-ray was from behind the nose. It was dislodged during the embalming process when the embalmers were removing the brain, which they did by sticking a hook up through the nose, breaking the thin bone behind the nose, and pilling it out pieces at a time. Sorry if I grossed anybody out.

It is said that Tutankhamen had a spinal problem called Scholeosis, but I don't believe you can die from that.

-Akhenaten-
Rolling Eyes yes its true that the bone was losened or dislodged during the embalming process but it was broken earlier so a blow to the back of the head might of caused that so that might be evidence for murder. Confused
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoleosis! That's the one! I new it was something like that. Yes apparently to turn his head to one side he would have to had moved his entire body.
Kiya1220

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: tut's assassination Reply with quote

well i'll tell you all I know- and that's a lot. I personally think that aye was the most likely to murder tut, as he was jealous of his power and he was growing old. tut was only nineteen when he was murdered. yeah, someone hit him hard in the back of the head with something, which would have been easy since he had been born with a condition that made it so that he could only turn to look somewhere if he twisted his waist around. He couldn't turn his head. I personally think also that, if you're doing a report on him, that you should have some info on what he was like before someone killed him. lots of people say that he was the son-in-law of Akhenaten, but I think it was more like he was his son and his mother was kiya, who disappears from texts around the 12th year of akhenaten's reign. I think she was murdered also. But, you say, why would someone want to murder kiya? well, from the few artifacts that were found showing her, she was very pretty, and, well, she was Akhenaten's Greatly Beloved- the one wife he had that he was actually in love with. Nefertiti, his main wife, got jealous of how much attention Kiya was getting (remember, this is only my theory {I also think that this was because Nefertiti had given birth to all daughters and Kiya finally brought forth Akhenaten's first son} you don't have to believe everything I'm saying), and she did away with her. Ancient remnants of blood splatters were found in the pond and on the floor in the courtyard near what was believed to be Kiya's suites that suggests that this was the place of her murder. However, her remnants have not been found. Another thing that suggests she was murdered is that there was a tomb being readied for her- but her name was crossed out- around the 12th year of Akhenaten's reign- and the name of one of his daughters, Ankhesenpaaten, was put over it. However, in this tomb, pictures of her remain. Most think she was of Mitanni heritage, but these tomb reliefs show that she had physical features that suggest she was Egyptian. Hope all of this helps!
slainte
-kiya-
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the section on 'Queens of Egypt' on 'What question would you ask an egyptologist?' I can't be bothered to write it again but you may find my post interesting.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kiya 1220....

Where did you read that they found blood by the pond? I would like to learn a little more about that. I'd never heard of it before.

P.S. Nice theory, I've never thought about that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm a ten year old kid and I'd like to tell you my theory of how King Tut died.

On Discovery Channel, they showed a documentary called King Tut's Assasination. They said that King Tut had a spinal problem called Scholeosis and that was one of the possibilities of how he died. Later on, They said that found two children in Tut's tomb. The oldest one also had Scholeosis, which probably ment the children were Tut's. In the end, they said Aye was Tut's murderer and to become Pharoh, he had to be a part of the royal family. So, he forced King Tut's wife to marry him and finnally got to be Pharoh. After, he might have killed her.He ruled a few years and then Horemhed took over.

And that's my theory! Thanks for reading!!!
Very Happy Smile Surprised Cool Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:

-Akhenaten-
Rolling Eyes yes its true that the bone was losened or dislodged during the embalming process but it was broken earlier so a blow to the back of the head might of caused that so that might be evidence for muder. Confused
Kiya1220

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: to akhenaten Reply with quote

hey I honestly don't remember where I read that but I do know it was a long time ago... I've been studying king tut since I was in first grade, after I gave up on cleopatra when I found out she was the end of the Egyptian empire... But I honestly don't even remember if I read it... yeah. If you have any other questions just ask-- even if I am really young, I'm an expert on the Amarna Period! Thanks lots,
*~Kiya1220~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: