Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know anything about Queen Hatshepsut?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maatkara
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel bad.....I do not understand what all these stuffs have to do with Hatshepsut, Ancient Egypt and so on....

Personal believes should be threated somewhere else, not here....this shouldn't be a religious site......

Respect should be in your words and in your behaviour......
RESPECT FOR OTHER BELIEVES, RESPECT FOR PEOPLE IN GENERAL ,FIRST OF ALL!!

Things get worst in this World because there are people who do not want to try to understand the others, who do not accept that there can be different points of view.....

Here we talk about history, nothing else.

This is not your battlefield for your "sacred war" and shouldn't be for noone!

Now I wish to say something also to the administrator of this site:
power of expression, the fact the you give the chance to people to express their ideas and believes is very beautiful but people should undergo the "First Rule of All" that is to RESPECT THE OTHERS and that according to me, those who do not respect should be kicked out of the site!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Advertisement

bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Ancient Egyptian History Lesson 101 Reply with quote

Egyptian religion paints a fascinating and comprehensive portrait of the soul of a great ancient civilization.
Although it is true that this no place for war; we cannot dismiss the fact that the Ancient Egyptian's were deeply religious.
i.e. - The 3 main elements of the Egyptian religion were a solar monotheism, a fertility cult, and a chaotic pantheon of anthropomorphic divinities. The noblest manisfestation of one almighty, invisible God was Ra, the sun god. In his shadow thronged bewildering hierachries of lesser gods; some were indeed feeble, but one of them virtually Ra's equal. This was Osiris, the god of the resurrection, who, having suffered death and mutilation, rose again to become king of the underworld and judge of the dead. A god who had suffered as a man, he recieved the Egyptian's torrential prayers that the body might not decay after it's death.
After death and mummification, man's soul passed through the dreaded ordeal of judgement, from which - if he had lived virtuously and recited his prayers and confessions correctly - he would pass into the delights of the well-watered green fields of the underworld. "I have snared a feathered fowl and fed upon the finest of them" he could then rejoice. "I have seen Osiris, my father, and I have gazed upon my mother, and I have made love ..... I am led into celestial regions, and I make the things of earth to flourish; and there is joy in my heart ... I have recited the
prescribed words with my voice, and I have ascribed praises unto the gods."
But hey, why take my word for it .... after all we are talking about Hatshepsut aren't we?
http://www.grisel.net/thebes.htm
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you mean Bel. Originally the three creation myths were completely separate- and at Heliopolis it was Atum, not Ra, who began the great ennead of Heliopolis. Osiris is part of that ennead, and so are seven more of the 'feeble lesser gods' that you speak of. Ra and Osiris should not be viewed as being in competition. They were both part of radically different cults. I have never seen Ra himself portrayed as a sole deity- perhaps you are confusing him with Atum or Atum-re? Or perhaps the less popular Heliopolitan myth in which Re (instead of Atum) is the creator?

You also ignore Ptah, who the Memphites claimed created Atum in the first place, and finally the Hermopolitan deities Nun, Naunet, Kek, Kauket, Heh, Hauhet and Amun and Amaunet. The Hermopolitans believed that those Gods created all that we see around us.

Anyway. Back to Hatshepsut,
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: My Time is spent better elsewhere. Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
I have tried to be understanding and polite with you, suggesting that any tangents you go off on are a matter of personal belief. You choose to ignore whatever I have been saying, and continue to "bad-mouth" Islam, the Koran and Mohammud. If you cannot cease this, please do not bother to post here any longer.

Starjade says: I was researching Nefure Hatshepsut when this forum popped up and as you were talking on that subject i thought maybe some of you might know the answer of whether Nefure was married when she adopted Moses. It was then clear later that none of you had a clue and so i do not know what sort of ego trip this forum is on but i had already moved on. I was not planning on staying here to write but stayed only to reply to what had been said. I get invited to write on forums I happen to be very famous on the internet so i am not desperate for conversations in fact i have little enough Time already.

I have not bad mouthed Islam i have outright proven Islam is a lie and Muhammad is a blasphemous liar and a fraud. That matter has already been proven. The reasearch i was doing was for an Islamic forum. Regarding one of the errors that exisdted in the Koran and pertaining to just one question regadring one of those errors. 1 error out of some 500 that Muslims cannot reply to or explain away.

They already know Islam has bitten the dust and are trying to defend Islam even though they know they cannot. So do not flatter yourself that i have any need to write here as I am busy with the real world and prefer to speak with religious experts. There is no reason for me to write here as this is not a religious forum. And it is clear non of you have the Egyptian data i was looking for in fact it is clear that I knew more than any of you when i came here OK.

And the Koran claims Moses cast the rod down but in fact it was Aaron who cast the rod turning it into snakes. The Koran claims a man called Samiri forged the Golden calf Laughing the Jews who live in those Times say it was Aaron the brother of Moses and the Old Testament says Aaron forged that calf and even Aaron said so.

The Koran claims God said it was Palestine the promised land that God was guiding those Jews to perhaps you should get a religious education before you start thinking that you have religious knowledge. Islam bit the dust years ago did nobody bother to tell you.

http://www.geocities.com/end_of_times/surahfoureighthytwo.html
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarJade wrote:
Clearly the text of the Koran came from the imaginations of Muhammad or from Zayd ibn Thabit.

How on earth do you know this? Your hideous disrespect of another religion just makes me sick. All of your claims in that ridiculous article are based entirely on the idea of the disproveability of events and of God. The fact that the Koran was only finished after Mohammed was dead does indeed prove that someone else wrote it out, but it does not prove that it was not based on his utterances.

StarJade wrote:
This claim is all based entirely on Muhammadís own word and there are no witnesses to this or any other encounter with this Angel Gabriel.

Firstly, the lack of witnesses does not disprove the event. It just makes it unlikely. I cannot see you, but I donít assume that you donít exist just because I can't see you. Secondly, the Angel Gabriel also appears in three other completely separate religious texts, and Mohammed performed many unusual feats with hundreds of witnesses to verify this. Try looking at Daniel 9:21 and Luke 1:19.

I do not agree with the Koran, but I understand that there are people who believe in it deeply, and dedicate their lives to it. Your arguments about improbability and likeliness are ridiculous, and you know it. You keep saying, "The Koran says this happened, but actually this happened", with no supporting evidence whatsoever. Perhaps the contrary source is correct? Mohammed did not claim to be the son of God, and he is viewed as a prophet by the Christians- vice versa. The fact that one of the two religions may be incorrect does not disprove both of them. I just cannot believe how rude, sacrilegious and callous you are. God is God, irrelevant of the religion. Just bear that in mind.

In the same way it is preposterous to assume that all of the Koran is correct, it is equally absurd to assume that every key fact is completely wrong- and that you can single handedly prove this without even supplying firm evidence to the contrary, save your vague logic and twisted self-righteousness. Good day.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I must agree with everything you say, save the effort of posting, Psusennes. Starjade does not, for some reason of his own, comprehend anything any one says.
Watch it, too, 'cause DM28 has threatened to close this thread--we're quite a ways off topic. Let's all forget this unpleasant incident and get back to facts about Hapshepsut.
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II,
There is much to share on this subject and will write when I have more time ... getting ready for work at this time. Looking forward to sharing!
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here is the explanation for my view's on this subject:
The passages from the papyrus of Ani prove the exalted idea which the Egyptians held of the Supreme Being, they do not supply us w/any of the titles and epithets which they applied to him, for these we must have recourse to the fine hyms & religious meditations from which form so important a part of the "Book of the Dead."
But before we quote from them, mention must be made of the neteru, i.e., the beings of existences which is someway partake of the nature or character of God, & are usually called "gods." The early notions that came in contact w/the Egyptians usually misunderstood the nature of these beings, & several modern Western writers have done the same. When we examine these 'gods' closely, they are found to be nothing more nor less than forms, or maisfestations, or phases, or attributes, of one god, that god being Ra the Sun-God, who, it must be remembered, was the type of symbol of God. Nevertheless, the worship of the neteru by the Egyptians has been made the base of the charge of "gross idolatry" which has been brought against them, and they have been represented by some as being on the low intellectual level of savage tribes.
It is certain that from the earliest times one of the greatest tendencies of the Egyptian religion was towards
monothesism, and this tendency maybe observed in all important texts down to the latest period; it is also certain that a kind of polytheism existed in Egypt side by side w/montheism from very early times. Whether monotheism or polytheism be the order, it is useless in our present state of knowledge to attempt to enquire. The religion of Egypt was at the beginning polytheistic, but developed in two opposite direction's. In one direction gods were mutilplied by the addition of local gods, and in the other the Egyptians drew nearer and nearer to montheism. Three main elements maybe recongnized in the Egyptian religion: 1) a solor monotheism, that is to say one god, the creator of the universe who manifests his power especially in the sun and its operation, 2) a cult of the regenerating power of nature which expresses itself in the adoration of thyphallic gods, of fertile goddesses, & of a series of animals and various dieties of vegetating 3) a perception of an anthropomorphic divinity, the life of whom in this world & in the world beyond this was typical of the ideal life of man - this last divinity being, of coarse, Osiris. But here again, it is an unfortunate fact that all the texts which we possess are, in respect of the period of the origin of the Egyptian religion, comparativiely late, and therefore in them we find these three elements mixed together, along w/a number of foreign matters, in such a way as to make it impossible to discover which of them is the oldest. No better example can be given of the loose way in which different ideas about a god and God are mingled in the same text than the "Negative Confession" in the hunred and 25th chapter of the Book of the dead.
THe epithets which the Egyptian applied to their gods also bear valuable testimoney concerning the ideas which they held about God. The 'gods' are only forms, manifestations, and phases of Ra, the Sun-God and it is evident from the Nature of the spirits that they were only applied to the gods because they represented some quality or attribute which they would have applied to God had it been their custom to address him.
We now have to consider the visible emblem, and the type of symbol of God, namely the Sun-God Ra who was worshipped in Egypt in prehistoric times. According to the writings of the Egyptians, there was a time when neither heaven nor earth existed, and when nothing had been except the boundless primeval water, which was, however, shrouded w/thick darkness. In this condition the primeval water remained for a considerable time, notwithstanding that it contained w/in it the germs of the things which afterwards came into exitence in the world and the world itself. At length the spirit of the primeval water felt the desire for creative activity, and having uttered the word, the word sprang straightway in to being in the form which had already been depicted in the minid of the spirit before he spake the word which resulted in it's creation. The next act of creation was the formation of a germ, or egg, from which sprang Ra, the Sun-God w/in whose shining form was embodied the almighty power of the divine spirit.
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing subject
Eye of Horus

The text on the base of the standing obelisk of Queen Hatshepsut (1479-1458 BC) at Karnak represents to me an enlightenment! The text has helped to decipher the way the ancient Egyptians described solar eclipse, and to discover the Egyptian hieroglyph for 'solar eclipse'. Then it became easy to find many ancient Egyptian solar eclipse records. A surprising discovery was the Great Hymn to Aten describes a total solar eclipse. This has paved the way to me to obtain an absolute, eclipse-based New Kingdom and Hittite chronologies.
In the light of the Egyptian texts, I believe Horakhty as a hawk was a manifestation of the Sun through eclipses, namely, the partially eclipsed Sun past the shadow bands phase.
Also found this to be of interest:
http://www.greatscott.com/hiero/eye.html
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guy's know that Hatshepsut went to the the land of punt and brought back myrrh tree's to beautify the land for God as the God of Soloman.
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, something I know! That is actually well known, though! It's one of the little points that you learn in the book Egyptology..! It had some papyrus thing, and man..! Those Egyptian royalty were fat!

Seeing as people in royalty wanted to be shown in the best manner possible, this would not have been the case! Could this possibly be an Armenic drawing, showing the reality of the "grandeur" of Hatsepshut?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatshepsut, what a lovely lady!
One of the greatest queens of ancient Kemet was Queen Hatshepsut. While she was known as a "warrior" queen, her battles were engaged with her own rivals for the position of power in Kemetic hierarchy. A born dynast in her own right, Hatshepsut proved to be an aggressive and overpowering force. However, it was not in war, but in her aspiration to ascend to the "Heru (Horus) consciousness," she displayed the strength that has given her a place in history. She adopted the Truth of Maat and became involved in the elimination of undesirable people and elements from Kemet. Determined to be revered in times yet to come, Hatshepsut depicted herself in as many masculine attributes as possible, i.e. male attire, kingís beard, etc. Although she ascended to the throne upon the death of her king-brother Thutmose II, she exerted her rightful claim to the throne. In exercising her power, she involved herself in foreign campaigns, a concentration on domestic affairs, extensive building and commercial ventures. The most famous of her commercial ventures was the Punt expedition in which goods and produce were acquired from the rich market there to be brought back to Kemet. While it would appear that her opponents were not antagonistic regarding her sex, they were so regarding her non-aggressive philosophy.
Even before becoming legal ruler, Hatshepsut, was actively pushing things dearest to the hearts of all Africans leaders: the expansion of foreign trade, international diplomatic relations, perfection of national defense, vast public building programs, securing the South and the North through either peace or war and, one of her "pet projects", building a great navy for both commerce and war. Her success on most of these fronts made her one of the giants of the race.
This is one of my fav's on Hatshepsut:
http://www.specialtyinterests.net/sheba.html
cheer's! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: