Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HI!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: HI! Reply with quote

Isn't it sad that we are the *experts* on Egypt, yet we know so little compared to others? (Real Egyptologists) It's sad, but almost laughable. Confused
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Advertisement

egypt22
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that it is almost laughable. i woudl love to know as much as the real egyptologists know, oh i would be in heaven if icoudl just go to egypt and study the pyramids and etc. i can't wait to become an egyptologist!.
Ashley
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither can I! But, my brother is bent on destroying my spirits. He says Egyptology is useless to society. But, i believ if we learn how the Egyptians made the pyramids, and if it is efficiant without the risk of lives, we could cut the prices of these heavy duty machinery, and learn from them. They were recourceful, and it is important to understand our history as not to repeat its mistakes. AHey, that sounds good. Maybe I should put that in my portfolio! Wink
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Egyptology is a useless field. It's history! Think of how much we've learned from history already. It's heritage (Yeah, so Egyptian heritage isn't ours, but it's somebodys!). People need to know how their ancestors lived. How they were able to survive in the same country that they live or lived in. And besides that, it's interesting! All of the art and everything we can learn about the Pharaohs. Others may think it's useless knowledge, but if it's interesting, why not learn about it and help others to learn about it also.

Nintendo and Gameboys and stuff like that, they don't serve a useful purpose, but almost everybody has them. So if others think the Egyptology serves a useful purpose, maybe everyone's interested in that, too.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. But, tough luck explaining that to my brother. He sounds like a child doesn't he? But he's not. Anyway, Egyptologists have to endure no air conditioning. I like it in the 70's at the highest, and the coldest in the 40's, and that's no Egyptian weather. Cool Laughing Smile Very Happy Wink So, I hope they invent some kinda bubble-like forcefield that's air conditioned, cuz I could never live in those conditions. Guess it's how you were brought up, huh? Also, there are scorpions. My dad's worried that I'll be stung by one. It's a reasonable fear, though. TTYL!
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never heard aboutu any Egyptologists ever being stung by scorpions, but I do know that the heat isn't as bad as here in some ways, because there's no humidity. In Missouri it gets up to about 90 and the humidity is so high you feel like you're melting. In Egypt there's little or no humidity almost all the time.
egypt22
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really care what the weather is, any kind i coul dlive in as long as i got to examine the awesome things there, like the pyraminds and temples etc. oh i would love sooo much just to be able to go there and see themeven if i couldn't ge close or anything.
Ashley
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I always find myself saying I could endure something, and when it's my turn to endure it, it's unbearable. Laughing Very Happy Smile Wink
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. yea i have done that a couple of times but for the most part i am gogn to do what i say i am going to do. people are really surprised when they like ask me to do something for them that seems really emabrassing or whatever that i actually do it. anyways if you are mean to become an egyptologist then you will be able to live in those stiuations.
Ashley
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'd probably be rich by then, (I hope Cool Razz ) and I'll have the "latest cooling technology". Laughing LOL.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that by the time you're old enough to excavate they'll have something to keep you cool all the time while you're excavating. Besides, isn't half the fun of going somewhere surviving the elements? Going to Egypt and not getting hot and sandy would be like going to Alaska and there being no snow! How silly would that be?
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. But, it's nice to imagine. Right now, I'm in a house about 68 F, and I'm wearing a thin, fuzzy shirt, and I'm hot. Isn't that sad? Laughing Very Happy Smile Wink Rolling Eyes
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it isn't that sad. maybe you get warm faster than a lot of peopel, but it is no big deal. if you really want to become an egyptologist then u will be able to do what you have to do to achieve your dream. I have to say that i agree with Akhenaten on the subject of you would be missing half of the fun if you brought that kind of technology with you. I mean i would want to experience the excavating and excitement in the sam kind of situations as the other egyptologistsbefore me.
Ashley
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know. I'm a technology girl, and I like to be comfortable, too. So, maybe I'd bring it anyway. Wink Laughing
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if that is the way you are that is cool, but i am not that way an di wouldn't bring it. please dont think that i am trying to say that there is somethign wrong with u or anything b/c there isn't, everyone is different from everyone else.
Ashley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: