Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hawass' Change Of Heart
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Meritaton

Quote:
Hawass himself said DNA testing is not reliable. He hates Fletcher so much he even goes into contradicting himself. I still think this mummy is either Akhenaten's daughter or his sister.

here jere! He has made his feelings about her very clear in the past. I would not put it passed him to have made the whole thing up to discredit her.
I like stories and explanations that fit. Three mummies in the tomb, if you believe one is Tiye and the other Prince Tuthmose (speculating of course) its quite plausible for it to have been Nefertiti. That computer facial reconstruction they did, apparently working blind, was very accurate. Then again it could have been one of her daughters who may have resembled her. Meritaton or maybe even Ankhsenamun, her mummy was never found.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hee hee...mummies are like Michael Jackson. You don't know WHAT they are.

My goodness, isn't that the truth! Speaking of which, we have many mummies in our exhibit at the Field Museum, but dead bodies have never bothered me. What creeps me out at our exhibit is one, single artifact which we call the Michael Jackson bust. The resemblance is truly horrifying. It's a beautiful New Kingdom bust of a woman, but the Wacko Jacko similarity startles me every time I see it. Surprised

Anyway, on the subject of DNA testing, more of this has been done than many of us realize. Check out this web page about New Kingdom geneology. The first link is for a PDF you can download to read about DNA testing that has been conducted on numerous Egyptian mummies. The testing doesn't concern the specific mummies about which you folks have been talking, but it makes for interesting reading nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: