Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ancient Egyptian flying vehicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unas, theories are abounding amost us. Any idea of the existance of a highly civilized society would be welcome to me--IF you could show me any physical proof of the existance of such a society.
The idea of Atlantis has been around for a long, long time. In that time, there has been NO evidence discoved of such a society. No excavation has revealed to us great buildings , no burials of an unknown nature have been found--not even an unknown potshed has turned up.
Many claims have been made through the years of the "discovery" of the site of Atlantis. We always read in the papers about some new, great buildings or walls found--underseas, on top of mountains--always someplace very unaccessible. But after the first hoop-a-la, no follow-up of the sites is ever heard of in the papers--I wonder why?
Man is fascinated by the concept of a superior, creative race. Any time he is faced with a problem that is too complex for existing expinations, the idea of Atlantis seems to loom in the picture. As I said, all it would take for me to believe such a society existed is a bit of physical proof. Until then, I will maintain my disbelief.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was trying to say that it is very possible that Atlantis did exist. Instead of being some vastly superior, technological wonderland, perhaps they had many philosophers, mathematitians, etc. The myth did have a few thousand years to grow, after all Wink

As far as all those underwater sites being found, and no one giving a follow up on the status of excavation, I believe it is due to the fact that people realize that the city is lost. Just because one city sinks below water does not mean it is neccessarily Atlantis, just like if I hold a basketball, it does not mean I am Michael Jordan.

Perhaps it has been found already, perhaps it is lost forever. Who knows? I don't, and unless you can take me back to the time and place to show me it did not exist first hand, I can only assume you do not know either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have mis-understood you, unas. I thought you were referring to a superior, vastly intelligent civilization that was the original home of people who built the pyramids (both in Egypt and Meso-America), created all mental knowledge, etc. etc.
I agree with you very much that an intelligent, thought-ful and practical civilization MAY have existed that has yet to be found.
Seems we were on the same train, but in different stations!
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never said anoy one was wrong i just said in the kids dscory thing said that in scientific terms Atlantis never exisited and that teh guy that thinks he found atlantis is wrong and u mught not no becasuse lots of citys by the cliff long ago probubly fell into the sea when a earth quake shock adn broke off part of the clif they where on so u neer now maby Atlants was ona cliff or maby just a island
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh..?

Oh, no one was really disagreeing with you, Saphira. You are very right about how Atlantis may have existed near the coast, and just fell in. In fact, that's one of the highest standing theories of the place!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finaly someoen who belives me thank u
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say "you're welcome", but I have to be spiteful.

You might want to simplify your typing, or at least slow down - so your point is made clear the first time around Wink
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he im a bad typer and i like to type as fast as i can he he bad habbit
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I know I have said before on the pyramids topics, the aliens theory is colonialist and extremely condescending! The Ancient Egyptians were an extremely complex culture we may never know all the secrets of their existence. We have to accept that, and accept that yes, the Egyptians did do those things without help from "other forces". Oh yeah, and that image was most definitely photoshopped. Mad
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without help from "other forces"?! What?! You're crazy! CRAZY! How else do you think they could pull of such feats of engineering without the help of that unseen force known as gravity? How do you think any of their construction would have worked without a little friend of mine called physics?

No help from other forces.. tsk, tsk, tsk.. Laughing Wink
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes You full well know that I meant aliens, Unas.
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know... I was taking what you said and spun it around on you, but with little and/or no avail, as .. well, you should know.
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I know that they used gravity and physics however, don't worry..
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what started this topic of discussion.
http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientaircraft.html
It is so endless in researching what is available through out the ages of time in reference to this subject. Proof of the scholar's in reading.
What is the explanation than of the flying machine's, Osiris II; say you?
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logic says that it is a set of two heiroglyphs, one set put in place, covered with plaster at some later date, another set put over the first, and the plaster has fallen away with time, exposing the first under the second. Co-incidence makes one symbol, imposed on another, look like an aircraft of some sort.
Sorry, but there is no big, unexplained "proof" that the ancient Egyptians flew!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: