Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seti I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisangel
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Seti I Reply with quote

Hi u guys I have been searching but I can't seem to find any good info on Seti I Does neone know nething about him, or have a good site for me to visit to learn more? This is one of the few pharaohs that I don't know much about. Thanks y'all !MEL!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need my books around me to give you detailed information. I'm in m office at the mom so i'll just give you the basics from memory.

Right well firstly he was born a commoner. Horemheb chose Seti's father Ramses I to succeed him because he already had a living son and grandson. He thought this important because of the problems egypt had had with heirs. Both he and Ay were not born into the royal family. They acquired power when all other heirs were dead.

The name 'Seti' means 'man of Seth' and indicates an alligence to the north and lower egypt. We know his son Ramses also had red hair which was a colour associated with Seth.

Seti took a wife from his own social class. Her name was Mut-Tuya or more commonly seen 'Tuya'. We know he was the son of Ramses the Great but he had another son who died at which point Ramses became the heir.

He reigned for about 11 years. His tomb in KV I think is the largest one there for a pharaoh. It's very close between him and his son.

I have some lovely pictures of his tomb. Could scan them in and email them to you if you don't find them on another site somewhere.
isisangel
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: Thanks!~ Reply with quote

[quote="Kiya"]I really need my books around me to give you detailed information. I'm in m office at the mom so i'll just give you the basics from memory.

Right well firstly he was born a commoner. Horemheb chose Seti's father Ramses I to succeed him because he already had a living son and grandson. He thought this important because of the problems egypt had had with heirs. Both he and Ay were not born into the royal family. They acquired power when all other heirs were dead.

The name 'Seti' means 'man of Seth' and indicates an alligence to the north and lower egypt. We know his son Ramses also had red hair which was a colour associated with Seth.

Seti took a wife from his own social class. Her name was Mut-Tuya or more commonly seen 'Tuya'. We know he was the son of Ramses the Great but he had another son who died at which point Ramses became the heir.

He reigned for about 11 years. His tomb in KV I think is the largest one there for a pharaoh. It's very close between him and his son.

I have some lovely pictures of his tomb. Could scan them in and email them to you if you don't find them on another site somewhere.[/quote]

Thanks I appreciate that! and I could use those pictures my email is
mjj8412000@yahoo.com

Greatly appreciated,
MEL
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also do google advanced image search. You can chose the size picture you want. And if you want any size,then you could just do a regular search. Just go to this site: http://www.google.com/advanced_image_search?hl=en
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: k Reply with quote

Thanks! I tried the searches but not much came up.... I'll look again Smile I apprecaite it![b][/b]
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! Smile Very Happy Wink
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Hmmmm Reply with quote

I did a search on google, and for some reason nothing NOTHING came up i have no idea why, but neway So does neone else have some good sites about Set I?
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look. You can also try www.metacrawler.com it doesn't have image search, but it is a pretty good search engine.
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here' a couple sites with pics too:
http://www.touregypt.net/19dyn02.htm
http://www.kenseamedia.com/november/seti.htm
http://www2.worldbook.com/features/features.asp?feature=ancient_egypt&page=html/history_seti.html&direct=yes

PS: I know why you came up with nothing; there is an operation S-E-T-I. It is the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence. I guess there are several for each country. So if you want the pharoah Seti I, you'll have to search with these words: "The Egyptian Seti I" then you'll get less of the S-E-T-I stuff. Wink
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: THANKS Reply with quote

Thanks I didn't know that but those sites u gave me where really awesome! they helped a lot!
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: