Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What if's...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: What if's... Reply with quote

This is basically a thread of what if's about ancient Egypt, so if you have a what if, ask it here. Cool

Now for my what if -

What if there were two princes, and one was really good at archery and chariotry, and could shoot an arrow straight through 46 hoops from a moving chariot? And that the other one was devoted to learning, could speak many different languages, and was very religious, and had memorized many religious texts? Which one would be the better choice for Pharaoh to choose as Crown Prince?
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Crown prince was chosen by who was born first
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: if, and, or but's Reply with quote

Are saved for those that are co-dependent.
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Well what if... Reply with quote

What if they were twins and the physician forgot to write down which of the two were born first... Then what?

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the chosen question answerer? I don't think I can answer everything you guys can come up with! I don't even think I can handle half! LOLZ. Laughing Well, if the scribe forgot to record which one was born first, I'm sure he'd be fired. They would have figured it out looooooooong before the talents of each were determined, one would imagine. But, I think if they had to choose by talents, that the one with physical strength would be chosen, for the Pharaoh would have advisors to help him think. Sadly, this is how the world is...physical rules all.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question. The second prince sounds like Akhenaten.

I would think that, while the first son could defent his country, the second son could RULE his country, and know what's going on and how to deal with things, and have enough communication skills to have good relationships with others outside his kingdom and be better able to keep peace, instead of just fighting all the time, since that would be, really, the only thing the fisrt prince would have been taught and know how to do well.
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd put the athletic one as the general and the smart one as king but that's just me. ...maybe they could be made co-regents? But then whose kid gets to take over?

bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: possiblities Reply with quote

are endless since we are talking about fictional character's.
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it's so fun!

About the previous comment that the second prince sounds like Akhenaten: wouldn't it suck if AKhenaten and Thutmose had been twins. Then Thutmose would have gotten his name everywhere and poor little Amenhotep Jr. would have been left with nothing all because of a matter of minutes. I'm sure that something like that must have happened to SOMEONE throughout the course of Egyptian history.

Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadukhipa wrote:
wouldn't it suck if AKhenaten and Thutmose had been twins. Then Thutmose would have gotten his name everywhere and poor little Amenhotep Jr. would have been left with nothing all because of a matter of minutes.

LOL...
Actually the only twin case I can recall is the one with the triplets of Reddjedet, and all three of them became kings Smile

If I were the father of the mentioned "smart twin" and "strong twin", I guess I would choose as circumstances suggest... I mean, if I were living in an age when there were lots of enemies around Egypt and we were in war with them, I would choose the strong boy, but if we were in peace with everyone, Egypt would need a pharaoh with diplomatic sense, not a warrior pharaoh (I suppose if someone is born with a soldier's skills, he'd try to find a chance to make good use of his talent).
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone tell me more about the whole Reddjedet situation? I don't know anything about it. Also, does anyone else think that it's a bit too conveniant how they died from oldest to youngest. I'm kind of wondering if there's some sort of soap opera/murder mystery scenario hidden somewhere here. (I love it when ancient Egypt gets all dramatic! Very Happy )

Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if there were two princes who were twins then they decide to fool everyone by switching around? Laughing
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that'd be kinda stupid of the older one, because he'd be giving up the throne and whatever... But hey! If he's that stupid, he deserves it!

(And as for those other twins, I'm still all for the "smart one" getting the throne. Jocks suck.)

Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, not giving up the throne, just for a day.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I suppose it happens all the time in movies, so why not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: