Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Scenario Reply with quote

What if one of the royal guards tried to attack Pharaoh? What would Pharaoh and his other guards do?
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the other guards would defend him unless they are involved (and I don't think a guard would attempt to kill the Pharaoh without the help of the others). But I don't think he would get away with it, maybe only if the order to kill the pharaoh is from someone who is powerful enough to seize power.
Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of the Royal Guards would have the courage to attack a Pharaoh. They were considered Horus incarnate, the living God, so I doubt any guard would actually attempt it...out of fear in what will happento them in the afterlife or sumthing like that...
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think only the lower-class people could be fooled into believing the Pharaoh is a God. The ones who lived with him in the palace could see him being sick, angry, sad, whatever and probably they realized he's only human.
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meritaton wrote:
Actually I think only the lower-class people could be fooled into believing the Pharaoh is a God. The ones who lived with him in the palace could see him being sick, angry, sad, whatever and probably they realized he's only human.

Meritaton, what about the stories of the God's where they get angry, sad, worried, tricked by other Gods? What about the story of Horus when he was bit by a scorpine got so sick he almost died. What about Sekhmet's getting so drunk she forgot to kill more Egyptians. Or Re's anger so great that he ordered Sekhmet to kill the Egyptians? Or Isis tricking Re into to telling her his secret name? If the God's could feel as man in similar situtations why couldn't Pharaoh?

I believe even Pharaoh himself believed himself to be a God. I believe that his palace nobles, priests, and servants believed it too.
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, I never thought about it from this perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: