Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did the artifacts in King Tut's Tomb belong to some one else
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Did the artifacts in King Tut's Tomb belong to some one else Reply with quote

I watched a show a while ago that stated that some of the stuff in Tut's tomb belonged to someone else and the sarcophagus was actually recarved for him. Does anyone else remember this show, does anyone know where I can find a website about it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the Asssassanation of King Tut show, I watched that last school year sometime. I do not know of any websites about that but i will post if I find any.
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that the second sarcophagus was actually carved for Smenkhkare or something like that.

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was about 3 years ago and I don't remember well, but wasn't the sarcophagus originally made for a woman?
Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was a figure containing a lock of Queen Tiye's hair, and the figure looked like Amenhotep III.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I remember there was some arguing whether the lock of hair means that Tut was Tiye's son.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an essay about the coffin being for someone else, and it's being published in a book this year! I just finished editing it this morning! If you would like a book, it's $12.00 and I can order one for you. I've got another Egyptian story in there, too.
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it on Discovery and about Nicolas Reeves? He talked about Nefertiti and that Tut's sarcophagues belonged to her previously as well as many other things.

But in some books several articles are thought to be Smenkhkare's like the second coffin or those canopic jars, they don't look like Tut at all (and that coffin's face doesn't look like Nefertiti either).

Anyway, does anyone know what happened to Nicolas Reeves? He was doing some archeological digs in the Valley of Kings...
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything about Nicholas Reeves since he published his book about Akhenaten in 2001.
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Akhenaten! What is the title of the book? I can't order it right now but I'm sure I'll check it out later.

My Hungarian translation of Paul Doherty's "The Horus Killings" is also getting published this year, probably in October. Smile

Neith, I think yes, we are talking about the Reeves show. The sarcophagus really doesn't have too much resemblance to Tut.
The only thing I remember of that show righ now is that the goddesses on the small golden naos were originally not goddesses, their wings were carbed later.

Last edited by Meritaton on Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meritaton wrote:
Congratulations, Akhenaten! What is the title of the book? I can't order it right now but I'm sure I'll check it out later.

My Hungarian translation of Paul Doherty's "The Horus Killings" is also getting published this year, probably in October. Smile

Neith, I think yes, we are talking about the Reeves show. The sarcophagus really doesn't have too much resemblance to Tut.
The only thing I remember of that show righ now is that the goddesses on the small golden naos were originally not goddesses, their wings were carbed later.

Wow! You're translating a book? And having it published, that's neat!

I think that some of the stuff is Akhenaten's
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book is called "Voyages," and there's stories, poems and essays by a lot of other people, too. But there's going to be 2 of my stories, "The Death of the Pharaoh," and "Something so Precious," and a poem of mine, "Spring Storm," which isn't Egyptian, and them my essay, "Whose Coffin is it, anyways?" Plus a short biography and a picture.
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Nicholas Reeves did do a documentary on Nefertiti and Akhenaten (i taped it about a year ago) It talks about how the treasures from King Tut's tomb were actually taken by Nefertiti's father, Aye, from Nefertiti's tomb. They also said that the sacophagus was Nefertiti's and that they made it fit for a king by carving wings on the corners where the goddesses stood. This is what the show said...I don't know if or how their theories changed.
Luap

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Dating the Tutman Reply with quote

Howcome most of the artifacts in Tuts tomb incuding a beautifully preserved silver trumpet date to around 1400-1300 B.C. yet the western publicized media hungry scholars always place him around 2500???
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Dating the Tutman Reply with quote

Luap wrote:
Howcome most of the artifacts in Tuts tomb incuding a beautifully preserved silver trumpet date to around 1400-1300 B.C. yet the western publicized media hungry scholars always place him around 2500???

Hi Luap, welcome. I am not aware of any media scholars that place Pharaoh Tutankhamun that far back in time. If you name a few of them i will be happy to do some research on them and find out why. Most scholars place him between 1400-1300 BCE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: