Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Exodus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiya wrote:
I believe one of the reasons it has assumed to have been Ramses is because I believe the Bible mentions 'the Land of Ramses' so people have taken this top mean Pi-Ramese. I have heard a different theory. We know the bible stories weren't collated together untill hundreds of years later and it is possible that the author, or whoever collated the stories together if it wasn't Moses himself, used the term 'Land of Ramses' so that the people of his time, when the stories were being collated together, would understand the region of Egypt he was refering to. Ramses was a legendary pharaoh but if the Exodus took place earlier in history than his reign, it may have been in the time of a relatively unknown pharaoh whose name would mean nothing to most people. By stating the 'Land of Ramses' he fixes it in peoples head the location of the said events but doesn't mention the pharaoh himself. Maybe he didn't know.

That is truly a very good point.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Biblically speaking Reply with quote

I'm not much of a bible thumper per say, but what the hell ...
Go to www.bible-history.com/tabernacle/TAB4Moses_and_the_Exodus.htm
HATSHEPSUT
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince Amunmose wrote:
Quote:
In the above picture in the second column, the image of a female deity is the Dog Star, or Sirius who looks similar to one of the Set Hound figures seen as Cassiopeia above the Aries, ram figure in the Zodiac of Denderah.
Go back to Home Page
In the Talmud (a collection of ancient Rabbinic writings of Orthodox Judaism compiled about A.D. 200) it states Moses' mother placed him in an ark of bulrushes in the brink of the river, where he was found by Bathia, Pharaoh's daughter, she adopted him and brought him up as Prince Ahmose at the Egyptian Court. The Biblical version is in Exodus 2:1-10.

If the Exodus occurred at 1440 B.C. then the 18th Dynasty of Thutmose III (1504/3?-1450/47 B.C.) and his mother Hatshepsut (1503-1482), the woman king, would be considered Moses protectors. Hatshepsut, the queen was forced to flee during the reign of Thutmose III.

"Moses was an initiated priest of Amon and the presumed son of Pharaoh's daughter. At the time of his appearance in Exodus, Egypt had fallen into idolatry." Quote from "The Moon: Outpost of the Gods" Jean Sendy page 38.

Mosesí understanding and apprehension became superior to his age, thus Thermuthis adopted him as her own. Josephus asserted that the Scribes and the king eventually knew that Moses was the one of the Prophecy but did not slay him because of the king's daughter.

In Acts 7:22 Stephen in an address to the Sanhedrin asserts that Moses was not only instructed in the science and learning of the Egyptians but was also endowed with oratorical ability and distinctive leadership qualities. After 40 years of age, he killed an Egyptian which made him flee from the Pharaoh to Midian where he stayed for forty years in seclusion. At the death of the great Pharaoh, God appeared in a burning bush to Moses. An oddity here is that God declared that Aaron should be spokesman for his brother (Exod. 4:10-16) before going to Goshen.

The new monarch Amenhotep II (1447-1421 B.C.) was probably the Pharaoh of the 10 plagues of Exodus which probably took place in the spring of 1446 B.C. (some scholars believe it to be 1290 B.C.). Solomonís temple in 966 B.C. plus 480 years to the Exodus equals 1446.

The Hebraic Tradition, the Kabbala, has its roots in prehistoric times, with Moses, it is recent enough to spare us to reason on the basis of hearsay. Beyond question the two symbols of the religion of Moses are the Ram (Aries) and the Scales (Libra). The scales are a symbol for justice, as the whole age of Aries was destined to bring a certain type of justice.

There is no definite reference to Moses in Egyptian texts, but there is a great relationship between the Egyptian Akhnaton and Moses in activities and events. The old religion of Egypt at one time had lost its inspiration because materialism was increased and a reformation was greatly needed. Akhnaton had a definite relationship between himself and the priest of Amon.

Moses was the spiritual heir of 'Joseph of the Fat Cows.' He reproached Pharaoh for forgetting Joseph's teachings.

Moses apparently understood the precession that caused the equinoctial sun to rise
in Gemini in Noah's time,
in Taurus in the time of the Pharaoh's Apis,
and his own time in Aries, which were no longer known by the Pharaoh's priests.

Then why do they say the pharaoh was Ramses at the time. Shocked

PLEASE BELIEVE ME I WAS NOT AT THAT TIME, AS I SAID BEFORE, BECAUSE RAMSESS FATHER WAS SETI l AND SETI l WAS THE SON OF THUMOSE lll
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seti I couldn't be the son of Thutmose III. They lived centuries apart. Sethi's father was Ramesses I.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatshepsut, why do you always post in all caps? I think it's time you take off caps lock.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just her sig.
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, look at her post, Jamie.
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone i just finished reading something really interesting::In The Encyclopedia of Mummies, there is a passage about Ramses V, in which it talks about his probable death. It is said that it was caused by smallpox, and that small pox was probably one of the plagues in the bible, I am doing some research on the thought now, but does anyone else wish to submit some information they have found or their own thoughts on this concept?
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

egypt22 wrote:
Hey everyone i just finished reading something really interesting::In The Encyclopedia of Mummies, there is a passage about Ramses V, in which it talks about his probable death. It is said that it was caused by smallpox, and that small pox was probably one of the plagues in the bible, I am doing some research on the thought now, but does anyone else wish to submit some information they have found or their own thoughts on this concept?

That is interesting Egypt22,about the small pox. However, it is generally accepted that Israel had departed Egypt long before Ramses V. Why? Because the Stela of Merneptah mentions the Prince of Israel begging for peace from Merneptah the son of Ramesses II. This Stela is also known as the Victory Stela of Merneptah and is the earliest non-Biblical record of Israel in history.
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sekhmet, how do you have a picture in your sig? I couldnt figure it out
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PharoahKel wrote:
Sekhmet, how do you have a picture in your sig? I couldnt figure it out

I followed the directions given by another friend Primitive Hominid. They are...

If you want to post pictures, here is how you do it.
First, you need the URL of the file containing the picture. To get it, put your cursor on the top of the picture then on a PC do a right click on the mouse button- you should get a menu, one item in which is "view image". Select view image. (On a Mac do a command-click and do the same.) You should have just the picture showing at this time. Copy the URL that is in the browser window it should end in JPG or GIF. Then come to your profile and into the signature area paste the URL address you just copied into the signature space. After you have it in signature space in front of the URL type [img]http.......jpg[/img] After this, you reset your profile page and should have the picture.

Hope you get it PharaohKel Smile
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you can just right click on any pic on a webpage and select PROPERTIES. It will show the url to that pick. You can copy and paste it into your profile.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both!
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot woot! I got a picture, pretty beaches!!
zampeada
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Ramses II and Merenptah Reply with quote

I believe at the time of Ramses II Moses was born... then Moses run away... on his refuge, Ramses II died, ascended Merenptah...

Moses return as a prophet and saviour to his people... Merenptah was angry then and pursue Moses and his followers, eventually drown in the sea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: