Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Quotes Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good website (Preferrably) or a book with lots of Quotes from Ancient Egyptian texts? Anything would be helpful except the book of the dead, that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Advertisement

murphyz
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us more of an idea of what you are specifically looking for, or perhaps what you need it for?

Is something like this: http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/ along the right lines?

Mxx
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an online game where someone posts a quote from an Ancient Source (it has to be a person) and whoever guesses who wrote it correctly gets to post the next quote. But I can't find anything with a lot og quotes in it except for one book and they're all by one person.
murphyz
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not having much luck with finding anything...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/9202/info/equotes.htm

I'll keep you posted if I find anything better.

Mxx
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Akhenaten said these about Nefertiti:
"possessed of charm", "sweet of love", " one is happy to hear her voice" and "contents the Aten with her sweet voice." Maybe that will help? And, I have a couple of quotes in my heiroglyphics book:
"I have been roasting since the beginning of time-I have never seen the like of this goose"- Meir III
"I was an istute individual who spoke with his (own)mouth, who acted with his (own)strong arm, and who kept his town at distance from himself. I was a dignitary at Thebes, and a great pillar in Khentyt. I surpassed any peer of mine in this town in all kinds of dignity/wealth."
-Hekaib's stela
"His (the pharoah's) true servant of his affection, one foremost of position in the house of his lord; an official great of his heart, one who knows the desire of his lord, one who follows him at all his journeys."
-Tjetji's stela
Ask if you need more.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://touregypt.net/sitemap.htm
at this link there are many gems of Ancient Egyptian literature. I also have the full Great Hymn of Aten in hieroglyphs & English translation, let me know if someone needs it.
Chenoa
Scribe

Location: South Alabama Where the rednecks and the rebels live

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try www.ancientnile.com
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Meritaton"]http://touregypt.net/sitemap.htm
at this link there are many gems of Ancient Egyptian literature. I also have the full Great Hymn of Aten in hieroglyphs & English translation, let me know if someone needs it.

Thank you for posting this informative site! I hadn't realized that so much had been posted on the internet. Some of the translations, those I've read so far, have been excellent.
Mathew key
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: famous quotes Reply with quote

Hey guys here is a list which will allow you to find quotes by searching based on an author and makes it easy to find any favorite quote from notable individuals from the past and current times. You can use these fact-lists to start ranking your influential quotations.
hope it helps.

famous quotes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: