Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Head coverings and hairdos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecarian
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Head coverings and hairdos Reply with quote

Hi! I'm taking part in a camp set in Egypt in the time of the Biblical Joseph (roughly, since theres a lot of debate on when that was).

I'll be making bricks with the kids. Fun fun! Yeah, it wasn't normally a girl's job but I made up a story about how my husband was called away suddenly to a building project in Egypt so the young workers will have to learn from me. Maybe not historically accurate, but we only had so many men available.

Anyways, I'm wondering what to do with my hair. It's long, and I'm not shaving or cutting it or doing those little braids (just doesn't work as well with white people's hair...I actually tried that once and it ruined my hair to the roots).

Ok, so as not have my hair hanging in the mud, any suggestions other than cutting or braiding for putting it up or wrapping it in some way that would look appropriate. If you can find pictures even better.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: