Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Pharaoh was probably a people person?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamescavinss
Servant

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Which Pharaoh was probably a people person? Reply with quote

My guess is probably Menkaura and Sneferu, I have heard stories about these kings, being more of a people person to the common man. Sneferu was said to have called the common worker " my friend " or " my brother". Menkaura was said to have open all the temples once again, after the "Tale of Buto" which commended all temples closed to make more time for work, building pyramids. Also having a smaller pyramid suggest something of his nature when all 4th dynasty pharaohs were building big.

And Pharaoh Neferirkare Kakai, probably was the most gentle and kind ruler and showed the most humanity toward his subjects. He was said to have gave the priest Ptahshepses the honor of kissing his feet. And when his vizier Weshptah died of a stroke, he mourned the loss of a friend and had a ebony coffin made for him.

These are just to name a few. What do you guys think?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

crys804
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have been told, I would vote for Sneferu. I dont remember the exact wording now, but there have been many references to him as being one of the most approachable pharaohs.
There was this one tale where a female rower was willing to show him her distress in loosing a turquoise amulet or jewelry piece of some sort in the nile and he offered to replace it. When she refused, sneferu helped her search for it. You can see here that a lower class woman was not afraid to approach him and ask for help.
For such a class based society I think this is pretty huge Smile If a king didnt like you, you could theoretically be disposed of (with one swift hit from a mace).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: