Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

discovery channel on nefertiti
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: discovery channel on nefertiti Reply with quote

i was watching the discovery channel and there was a special on nefertiti, did anyone else watch it?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and is pharoahess a word? wat do u call a female pharoah?
Tiya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Nefertiti show.I thought it was good.Well,For the most part females were not Pharoahs but if she was like Hatshepsut they would call her Pharoah. If you were the Pharoahs main wife you maybe called ''Kings great wife''. Cause their was no word for Queen in Egyptian. Is that what you were asking???? Rolling Eyes
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, thank u!
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it. It was very good! I think the mummy was Nefertiti. Unless she had an evil twin... Twisted Evil LOL.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i think it was her too. who else would it be, ya know?
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I read at the Amun Newsgroup at Yahoo that the Younger Lady has been examined several times and it's almost sure that she never had any children... it seems to answer the big question
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Are you sure? Whoa. If so, then that'd clear up quite a few questions... Then it couldn't be Nefertiti or Ankhesenamun (because she had those two stillborn daughters). And if it's Meritaten, then "Meritaten-Tasherit" couldn't be her daughter. Maybe it's one of Akhenaten's sisters though...

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Baketaten? How old was she when she died? Couldn't she be this mummy?
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how can an examination show if she had children or not. I used to think it was Meritaten or Ankhesenpaaten but if she had no children, she has to be a sister of Akhenaten. Baketaten is a good candidate, or maybe Nebetah, he had a number of sisters.

Did anyone remarked how the reconstructed face resembles of the statues of Akhenaten? The same long face, full lips, same features... Looks like a female Akhenaten. The resemblance is even more striking if you watch her profile (at the 360 degree view at Discovery site). That's why I think this woman was a blood relative to him.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the skeleton closely you can tell if that woman had children, because a certain bone would have an opening towards the anus area. (Sorry, I didn't know how else to describe it.) That would have meant that the woman either had children, or lots of them. If the bone didn't have an opening, then the woman didn't have any kids, alive or dead.
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meritaton wrote:
Did anyone remarked how the reconstructed face resembles of the statues of Akhenaten? The same long face, full lips, same features... Looks like a female Akhenaten. The resemblance is even more striking if you watch her profile (at the 360 degree view at Discovery site). That's why I think this woman was a blood relative to him.

Yes, I'm just looking at the picture and you're right. She may be his sister or his daughter, but I don't think it's Nefertiti. Especially when she's without the crown she looks like Akhenaten.
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it does not look like Nefertiti either. I think it looks like Akhenaten too.It could be Baketataten. But she was never queen or pharoah so why would her arms be crossed on her mummy. And if the mummy is a boy I think it is Smenkhkare cause he was pharoah so it would make sense but the bead in the mummy would not.
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sisters of Akhenaten were married to Amenhotep III so they were queens and were buried with arms crossed. These girls were queens before the Amarna age but maybe also lived during the reign of Akhenaten. One of them was Sitamun, although it's not sure she was a sister of his. The other two are Henuttaneb and Iset (Isis).
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile So it coud be one of the sisters of Akhenaten then. I thought earlier that it was Nefertiti then I thought it was Ankhesenamun but it can not be if Ankhesenamun or Nefertiti if the mummy had no children and they both did. Now I think it is a sister of Akhenaten. Who do you think it is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: