Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Nefertiti Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sekhmet has stated:
What solid proof do you have that Kiya was Tut's mom. How did he keep the Book of the Dead commands to honor her his mother?
In his book, "The Amarna Age: Egypt" Frederick Giles states that Kiya could not possibly be Tut's mother. Attested insriptions state that Kiya was a mother once--a daughter.
Actually, the book is very interesting--and flies in the face of many accepted traditions. He also says, with a bibliogaphy that shows all of his sources, that Amenhotep III and his son had a co-regency of at least 2 years, more than likely 9, and possibly 12. That Nefertiti could not possibly have ruled by her self--but she was probably at one time Akhenaten's co-regent. That Smenkhkara was co-regent with Akhenaten for at least 3 years and ruled by him self for 3 more. It's really quite a book. The thing I liked most about it, is that his is very careful to list all of his sources, so you can do your own further reading.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:

In his book, "The Amarna Age: Egypt" Frederick Giles states that Kiya could not possibly be Tut's mother. Attested insriptions state that Kiya was a mother once--a daughter.
Actually, the book is very interesting--and flies in the face of many accepted traditions. He also says, with a bibliogaphy that shows all of his sources, that Amenhotep III and his son had a co-regency of at least 2 years, more than likely 9, and possibly 12. That Nefertiti could not possibly have ruled by her self--but she was probably at one time Akhenaten's co-regent. That Smenkhkara was co-regent with Akhenaten for at least 3 years and ruled by him self for 3 more. It's really quite a book. The thing I liked most about it, is that his is very careful to list all of his sources, so you can do your own further reading.

What i like about The Amarna Age Western Asia by Frederick J Giles is his thorough research that supports his theory of a co-regency between Amenhotep III and Akhenaten. I also appreciate his extensive use of Hittite works... very rare to find so far. His work on on the puzzle of who was Dahamunzu(?) pages 316-> to his understanding of Tutankhamun's death is amazing. It is a most helpful, well written text Orisis thank you for recommending it.

You're right about his claims on Nefertiti. However on page 95 he seems to be bowing to the popularists that want Kiya as Tut's mother. I believe his real purpose for this book is to encourage the belief of a long co-regency between Amenhotep III and his son Akhenaten. This is quiet enough for one scholar to tackle LOL. He seems to me that he expressives a lack of understanding of why other experts claim there wasn't a co-regency. He didn't go into the development of the Aten under Amenhotep III reign nearly enough to help hism there. The major reason scholars object to a co-regency of any lenght is it disminishes the Aten Revolution of Akhenaten... but as archaeology has shown since that belief was first established is that the Aten revolution was already established prior to Akhenaten's rule.

Thanks again it is a nice book, but very expensive!
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sekhmet, it must be a series of books. I just checked Amazon, and two are listed--"The Amara Age: Egypt and "The Amarna Age: Western Asia". It mentions that there are 5 in the series, but they only carry two of them. The one I have is "The Amarna Age: Egypt".
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
Sekhmet, it must be a series of books. I just checked Amazon, and two are listed--"The Amara Age: Egypt and "The Amarna Age: Western Asia". It mentions that there are 5 in the series, but they only carry two of them. The one I have is "The Amarna Age: Egypt".

Thank you Osiris II, now i have 4 more books to read Smile Western Asia was most enjoyable and a much bigger help than my Amarna Diplomacy Smile Again thank you for introducing this series to me.
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Im still trying to finish my Harry Potter book before I start another book, I hate reading two at a time, I need to find some of those books though!
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fifth Harry Potter book?
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not yet, I am re reading the 4th to prepare for the next movie, WOOT WOOT, NEXT THANKSGIVING!! My friend has the 5th one I need to borrow it from her.
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh....the 4th is the best. Smile
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PharoahKel wrote:
Ugh, Im still trying to finish my Harry Potter book before I start another book, I hate reading two at a time, I need to find some of those books though!

I love Harry Potter ( have and read them all, a couple of times!) Myself Pharoah Kel, i enjoy reading 3 or 4 books at a time. Remember varity is the spice of life. LOL Smile i also just ordered the book Orisis II has, The Amarna Age- Egypt in the hopes it will be as big if not bigger help to me Smile When i was a kid, folks called me the book eater Smile because i read so many books.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, Sekhmet. I have so many books I am reading that I must stumble my way into bed at night! Thank God I have a lot of book-marks!
Of course, right now we're moving--so all of me books have been packed up. I feel a craving to sneak a box open...
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to read all the time, but high school gets very hectic and you run out of time to do that lol I normally fall asleep now adays with a book resting on my stomach. And its taking me forever to read Harry Potter because I only read it at my Dad's becasue my Mom hates those books and movies, because they are about magic and stuff. She hates Tomb Raider too! Im a Tomb Raider freak lol, I loved the games before there was a movie, and the movies rock!But the second isnt as good as the first. Hot guy though Very Happy
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
I know what you mean, Sekhmet. I have so many books I am reading that I must stumble my way into bed at night! Thank God I have a lot of book-marks!
Of course, right now we're moving--so all of me books have been packed up. I feel a craving to sneak a box open...

Smile i hope you get moved fast then, or go ahead and sneak! Never, ever be without a book a cardial rule of mine. When i break it, i always regret breaking it!
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thats a good rule
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: