Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Nefertiti Show
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: The Nefertiti Show Reply with quote

From the adds it looks like it's going to be really tacky... Anyone else have any predictions on what it's going to be like?

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows, I just think it'll be rather interesting to see what everyone has to say about it. Hopefully they'll include a lot of different perspectives.
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolls eyes*

A few questions, (some of them are serious, others are just plain cynical):

1. How does an old wall tile prove that Nefertiti grew up in Malquata? Or that she was part of Amenhotep III's harem?

2. Is Tiye pronounced "Tee" or "Tie"?

3. What's with the Amun priest's afro wig?

4. Why does the fact that she's driving her own chariot mean that she's in some sort of controversial chariot race against Akhenaten?

5. Just like how some girls today wear necklaces that say "cutie" or "princess", who's to say that Meritaten wouldn't wear one that says "Nefer" (beautiful)?

6. So how old IS this damn mummy? Everywhere else I'd heard 16, but the discovery people say 30s. I know which answer would get them better ratings, but what's the TRUTH? (Once I know the age, I'll know what I believe...)

7. If Nefertiti saved Egypt single-handedly, then why would the tomb robbers want to smash her face in? (And she kinda stole Aye's role as the one who made Tut and Ankhesenpaaten into Amun-lovers..)

I know, I'm a nit-picker. Get over it... ^-^ I'll admit though, the show DID have its good moments, but I had to watch it alone because I knew I'd start ranting if I was with someone. I also told my little sisters (who were watching in another room) not to believe a word of anything they say unless I say that they're allowed to believe it. The Nefertiti afterlife dealie at the end was pretty corny. The thing was pretty well all I expected it to be.

Note: two of those computer graphic artist guys were hot!

kingtutone
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think this assumption was based on Amenhotepís wife -Queen Tiye. If the harem was located in Malquata, then it is assumed that Nefertiti was born and raised there, in turn, coming up with the theory of her childhood.

2. I always thought it was Tee;)

3. I agree! That was extremely dorky, along with the coffin of Akhenaten.

4. It was Discovery Channelís way of showing her ďcompetingĒ with the pharaoh, allowing her to be more important then just a queen Ė showing her status. I think they just wanted to show her importance during the late 18th dynasty and Akhenatenís drastic changes.

5. ?

6. I really donít know, or anyone else of that matter. In my opinion, the mummy seems to be young, which might not make her Nefertiti; however, I donít know much about bones and could be wrong;) .

7. Good question, keep in mind the Amarna Period brought forth many radical changes, which offended many priestess. So maybe during the burial, she was smashed by some priest who disliked her too much. Or some tomb robber was in a hurry to grab all her jewelry and defaced her. Itís all speculation;)

I agree, then ending was dorkyÖ.wait it was goofy. I do however think the show was fascinating and had many great points. It is neat that Dr. Joann Fletcher worked hard on this project and brought forth many new theories and suggestions. She is a great Egyptologist; although some theories may be farfetched, it is Egyptologists like her that make Egyptology so fascinating. They pave the way for answers. Very Happy

Good Questions!
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AGREE!! I hated that damn fro thing...it was sick!!! And yeah, the ending was horrible...

lol I was thinkin the same thing about the two artist guys Very Happy
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was the only who noticed the artist dudes!! Yeah, they were pretty cute... (But you know you've got a problem when you're noticing guys on the DISCOVERY CHANNEL!)

nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL yeah that's true, but hey, it was the highlight of the show... Laughing
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought the show was really good. And like they said, it's hard to tell the age of the mummy with only an x-ray. so no one can really say for sure how old the mummy really is.
egypt22
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that the show was pretty good. But there was one thing that they has said that i did not exactly agree with. Did anyone catch that in the beginning the show mentioned that Nefertiti was the step- mother of Tutankhamun? i did and i thought that they shouldnt have said that - i mean it hasnt been proven that Tutankhamun is the son of Akhenaton, he could as easily be the brother of him, no one knows for sure, but i was just wondering if anyone else felt the way that i did- or caught that comment. but other than that i thought it was relatively good.
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I caught that, too.
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but evidences were found that Tut lived with Nefertiti in the Northern Palace (maybe he moved there after Tiye's death) so she can be viewed as his stepmother.

Does anyone know when will the show be aired in Europe?
Chenoa
Scribe

Location: South Alabama Where the rednecks and the rebels live

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the show was really good.Do ya'll think the bust looked like her I do.and she had two earring holes.Probably a lot of people had them but if they where they where not noted.
Ankhesenamun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that the show was good. I do think they said some things like facts that are not yet proven so. I know they did not say it for sure but does anyone think that Nefertiti killed kiya like they said in the show. I do not think so. But I think it was a good show even though the ending was alittle corny.
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... Nefertiti killing Kiya? I used it in a story, but in a Discovery show I wouldn't state it...
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nefertikaure wrote:
Yeah, I caught that, too.

It's September 7 on Discovery here, but I'm not sure whether we've got the same Discovery Channel. But it should be sometime in the same time, I think.
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: