Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look around there are lots of things on Tut, some about his murder. Nefertiti either died or 'fell from grace' some say. I tend to believe the former. The death of Mekitaten and possibly her three youngest daughters tends to show that the family perhaps wasn't very strong.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ay killed Tut. He had a motive, to become pharoah, he was close to Tut, and, I bet that he could get Tut alone. But, what if Nefertiti found out about Ay, so he killed her as well? Plausable? PS: Kiya, I'd also like to read your writing. The unedited version. I'm thinking of being an Egyptologist, if I don't go into acting, singing, languages, or law. I'm not quite sure. Thanx.
PPS: I'm Dark_Meryetamun28, just not registered yet. e-mail = carol_romanowski@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have it with me anymore. I think I erased it. Sorry! I have a theory on Horemheb though and it's somewhere on one of the other boards. It is suspicious that Tut's monuments weren't defaced untill after Ay's death. It wasn't Ay who did it. Why? Maybe because he had supported Tut and wanted to keep Horemheb from the throne.
Dark_Meryetamun_28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe Aye killed Tut and Nefertiti, but somebody prevented Tut from being erased. Maybe Horemheb did. Was Aye murdered? If he was, then Horemheb might have been loyal to Tut, and then killed Aye to avenge Tut, or to keep Tut from being erased, or found out about Tut's murder, and then killed Aye to keep from getting killed himself. I don't know. That's a good point, though, Kiya.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Aye died of old age, but I don't think it's been proven yet.

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark_Meryetamun_28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it hasn't been proven, there might be room for a guess he was murdered too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Aye was Nefertiti's brother and he loved her very much. { Just a theory! } Embarassed Laughing
Dark_Meryetamun_28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even brothers and sister have fights. This one might have really got on Aye's nerves.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Nefertiti was the daughter of Aye. I think her mother's name was Tey (Not to be confused with Tye, Nefertiti's mother-in-law).

-Akhenaten-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My august friend above is correct. Nefertiti was, in all likelihood, Ay's daughter. She had a sister, Mutnojmet, who married Horemheb llater.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that if he wanted the throne bad enough, that he would murder her, or even send her into the desert if she got in the way. This is just a guess though. that's all we can do here; just guess. But, maybe guessing will turn into truth. Maybe, Aye didn't think through all the details, and was just a "spur of the moment " guy when it came to crime. Who knows?
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: What about Ankhsenamon? Reply with quote

There is someone you seem to be forgetting.What about Tutankhamon's wife Ankhsenamon.One reason that I hae often thought there is a possibility Tutankhamon was murdered is the fact that Ankhsenamon did not wish to marry either Aye or Horemheb.Instead she decided to write to the Hittites who had in fact been enemies of the Egyptians in the pastIt seems as though she were very anxious to avoid marying anyody in the Egyptian court.On the other hand if she seriously believed that either Aye or Horemheb had murdered her husband couldn't she have had them locked up or executed?I also wonder if she was murdered it seems possible. Could it be that after Aye married her to become Pharaoh he had her "disposed of" in Ayes tomb the woman with him appears to be Tiy his first wife and not Ankhsenamon.I think it is likely that Aye died of old age although it is possible that Horemheb might have murdered him and that Aye's sudden death would not have seemed suspicious since he was already so old.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way I recently started a new Anicent Egypt Group the adress is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tutankhamon
Detective_CB
Servant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What about Ankhsenamon? Reply with quote

Merry Christmas! I know it is kinda late, but it would not let me on on Christmas. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Besides, Christmas is very busy over here. Anyway, if his first wife, Tiy, was in his tomb, then Ankhsunamun must have done something to upset Aye that was unforgiven. Finding out about him murdering Tut, perhaps? Confused
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I havent been to here in a long time : busy. My cousin has a theory of What happened to Nefertiti. Aye simply vanished her out of Egypt or a city and then mabye killed Tut. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: