Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys! I thought we were sopposed to be chatting about King Tuts murder and Nefertiti's dissapearance! Confused Confused Confused Exclamation Exclamation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys! I thought we were sopposed to be chatting about King Tuts murder and Nefertiti's dissapearance! Confused Confused Confused Exclamation Exclamation
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well i've been receiving a regular magazine about Ancient Egypt and I recall one of them was a page or two about the different authors who had wrote about egypt. I'll try and find it. I think 'the Seventh Scroll' was Wilbur Smith though.

I just received the questions I have to answer for my assessment on my egyptology course last night. All about the 18th Dynasty. There were 7 and we have to do 2 each of 1125 words. One of them, and I will definately do this one, requires me to explains and evaluate, based on the evidence, what happened on the death of Akhenaten. It's a bit more detailed than that but I thought that one was a bit easy compared with some of the other questions we could choose from. I wasn't going to pick it but I couldn't help it. Being Kiya and all I can't resist the opportunity to put forward my theories and see what a qualified egyptologist thinks.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, cool! I wish I could go to school and learn Egyptology. That would be really awesome.

Wilbour Smith does sound familiar, that must be who wrote it.

I hope you do a good job on your test thing,

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a full egyptology course, just 20 weeks but its been ok so far. I completed the first assessment yesterday. 1125 is definately not enough. I now have to edit it because I have gone way over. I've really had to sgorten things I wanted to go into more detail over. If I email it to you tomorrow, would you have a look through it and tell me what you think?

Oh and to guest yes this is supposed to be on Nefertiti's disapearance. We got slightly off track. Any theories on what happened?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no. But do you have any info. The reason I not really paying attention to this is because I have lots of tests tomorrow. Embarassed I have to study hard Exclamation
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two main theorirs on her disapearance and, as your busy, i'll try and be brief.

Firstly, is one I personally don't believe. That she 'retired' in disgrace to her palace at Amarna and was replaced by her daughter Meritaten. I have never been happy with this theory. It was onbious she and Akhenaten loved eachother a great deal. I can't see that she would disgrace him in any way.

Secondly is that she simply died.

Much more plausible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm done with the five tests. That was hard Exclamation The math test, the english test, the reading test, the history test, and the science test, Uhhh Exclamation Now I can start working on info....... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, what about King Menes? Was he the king of lower egypt? And also, you know how they make mummies, well I know the way to make mummies, it's called ''The seven steps of immortality"... Rolling Eyes
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to read your writing. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was helping an older friend with housework. you can send it to Akhenaten1255@hotmail.com

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What writing Question
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Menes was supposed to have been the irst Pharaoh to unite Upper and Lower Egypt. An almost mythical character. He has been identified with the pharaoh Narmer who also supposedly unified the two lands but recent theories have also identified NArmer with Menes sucessor Hor'Aha. Apparently pottery fragments have been discovered where both Menes and Hor'Ahar use the name of Namer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have any ideas Question Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody home Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Question

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: King Tut Reply with quote

Detective_CB wrote:
Hi, I'm a detective. I want to know if you have any info on king tut's murder
and any info on nefertiti's dissapearence. Let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks!!! Question Question Question Cool Cool Cool Razz Smile Very Happy Wink Idea Shocked
[/b][/quote]

yes because ay killed him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: