Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Once in a Blue Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluemoon
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Once in a Blue Moon Reply with quote

I'm so happy I found this forum. All of my family looks at me funny when I start talking Egypt at them. And it really is at, not to or with. Sad, sad state of affairs this is, it really is.

As for a greater introduction, I'm a soon-to-be-second-year Art major who has loved Ancient Egypt since I was just a wee thing. I didn't do much for a loooooong time, but fairly recently got sucked back into finding out MORE and LOTS more. I've therefore been scouring all the local libraries and come to the conclusion that there are a disturbing lack of Ancient Egyptian books in all of them, especially on Mythology.
It said 'Goodbye'
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Meresankh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bluemoon & welcome to KingTutOne. I hope you enjoy your time here with us. It's a bit quiet here at the moment but we hope things will pick up soon.

Feel free to share any information or insights on the ancient Egyptians that you may have. Very Happy
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want any decent books on egypt you weill probably have to buy them, i just picked up 1st editions of gardiner's admonitions & royal turin canon for my pert & tousseled one, at xmas, but they cost over 500.

Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Mysteries of Amenta

Legends of Ancient Egypt. Stories of Egyptian Gods & Heroes.

Egyptian Magic

Religion of the Ancient Egyptians

from fetish to god

the egyptian heaven 7 hell

these are a few sample titles. As an antiquarian bookseller married to an egyptologist / archeologisti am surrounded by books
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK you can get most books through libraries-but I waited ages for 1 book 7 it arrived the day before I went on a 2 week holiday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: