Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who do you think is the most attractive pharaoh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ankhesenamun 3s
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: who do you think is the most attractive pharaoh Reply with quote

i meaning my self Laughing think tut was idunno mabey beacause he was so much younger than the rest. but i've also heard many people say his farther was Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut was sickly and decrepid...

Also, he and the ones that have survived the thousands of years of mummification and decay ... I'd say they're all equally disgusting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definitely disgusting now...wouldn't you be if you were mummified and spiced and had your organs taken out and had been sitting in a tomb for 3,000 + years??? Laughing But I don't really know which one was the most attractive, when i think of Ancient Egypt, I just don't picture the pharoahs as attractive. Other words come to mind: great, powerful, etc. But w/e. I don't think Tut was though. He was sickly, as Unas said.
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you i don't see them as being attractive as such but inspiring and great and i just wish i was around then!!SadSad lol
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, me too. Oh, it looks so cute that we both have the same avvie (that I made Very Happy) right after one another. (BTW the only reason I said "that I made" is cuz people might read this and get one! Oh ya, advertising rocks. Laughing lol. But yeah, they are inspiring. Too bad I havent been 2 egypt yet.

This is off topic, but Goddess, since in Australia it's a different hemisphere than here in the USA, are your schools a 1/2 school year ahead or below. Like, for example, I'm in 9th grade now. If you were the same age as me, would you be starting 9th in a few months, or starting 10th in a few months? Hope thats not too confusing lol. Laughing
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Akhenaten, but hm... I know a lot of people finds him ugly Crying or Very sad the problem is, they don't realise that Akhenaten is beautiful in an... unique way. I like everything that is unique. Smile

But, who was a typical Egyptian 'beauty...' Thutmose III. He had a quite kind face, an adoreable, elfish smile and of course, a well-trained, heavly built body! Embarassed Shocked (Or, in the statues, he has Smile Rolling Eyes )
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhesenamun_1 wrote:
Yeah, me too. Oh, it looks so cute that we both have the same avvie (that I made Very Happy) right after one another. (BTW the only reason I said "that I made" is cuz people might read this and get one! Oh ya, advertising rocks. Laughing lol. But yeah, they are inspiring. Too bad I havent been 2 egypt yet.

This is off topic, but Goddess, since in Australia it's a different hemisphere than here in the USA, are your schools a 1/2 school year ahead or below. Like, for example, I'm in 9th grade now. If you were the same age as me, would you be starting 9th in a few months, or starting 10th in a few months? Hope thats not too confusing lol. Laughing

lol not too difficult.. but my brain hurts! ah well im 15 and am starting yr 10 next year does that help?! i can't tel my brain hurts too much! im not supposed to think on the hols! lol
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but this post is patently ridiculous (if harmless). All the Pharaoh's you've mentioned are dead, decaying and totally disgusting. I personally don't consider myself a necrophile - I don't really dig corpses. Furthermore any representation you might see of a Pharaoh (with perhaps the exeption of the Senuserts and the Autocrators) is going to be idealised and bear little or no semblance to how that person appeared in real life. The statues are idealised and show a God, not a human being. Saying you find an incestuent necrotic. . . . rotting corpse pleasing is actually vomit inducing.

This theme keeps reccuring. Are you girls really so frustrated that you're turning to statues made 3000 years ago and corpses as prospective partners? These might put you off:

Tuthmosis I: http://www.narmer.pl/ima_mum/totmes1_1.jpg
Tuthmosis II: http://fontes.lstc.edu/~rklein/images/ctuth2.jpg
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Thank you, Psus! Not only have you articulated how I feel on the subject, but you gave me a great laugh! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Psus funny! those are some hot mummies ha NOT! i know they are all decaying and gross but before they died were talking about.. i think!
ankhesenamun 3s
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou i maen no duh crushing on a bunch of royal dead corpses are digusting. but if i lived back then wich i really wish i had in this nasty world today. but i was talking about tut in the flesh not in the bones
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know..! i rekon egyptians would have been cute lol
JOY!
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I would have to say Amenhotep III from his statues he looks like he would've been very attractive. Also Rameses II. King tut, from his mask looks like he would've been attractive. It seems there were a good amount of fyne ancient egyptian men Embarassed

Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry to sound cynical, but you can't judge from artworks and statues alone. Based upon Amenhotep III's mummy, he had abcess in his teeth, he was balding, short(?) and slightly overweight. I daresay, he wasn't attrctive back then at all. Confused Maybe in his youth he might have been, but age does take a toll on people.

Not too many pharoahs were "attractive" to begin with. One of the few pharaohs I know who wanted to be depicted as they were was Akhenaten, and I think another pharaoh did this too, but before the Amarna period. I think Akhenaten, though, was the one that should've invented the saying "The truth hurts". Laughing

You know, I think, Psus I's influence is getting to me. Shocked This can be either a good or a bad thing. Laughing

BelovedofWa'Enre
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Cutest/Hottest Pharaoh Reply with quote

I'd have to put my vote in for Akhenaten, hands down. Yeah, a lot of people do say he was the ugliest man, they talk about him like he crawled out of the Nile, but a lot of people say he was attractive as well. I read a book once that described him as "disturbingly attractive," that's about how I've always seen him. Can't help it. He has a...certain....beauty...to him...*blush profusely*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: