Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleopatra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmeliaEgypt
Servant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Cleopatra Reply with quote

My friend e-mailed me today telling me about this lady who told her she was watching discovery channel and they said they found CleopatraVII's mother and that she was African.
I know that the Ptolemies were Mac. greek and that they usually married inside the family (except for Cleopatra of course who had her own mind)
But my point was to see if anyone knows about the "show" this lady was supposedly watching where they "claimed" this heitage.
(it seems that just because CleopatraVII ruled and loved Egypt, that this makes her either Egyptian or African,but history and scholars and anyone that knows their history knows other wise. Some people come up with the craziest thing. sorry if i offended anyone, i didn't mean to. I love Egypt, Egyptology and Cleopatra all the same but some people drive me crazy.)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how they can be so certain it's her mother. We know very little about her, not even her name, other than the fact that she was a concubine. What we do know is that Cleopatra was Greek by blood and I think it likely that her mother, although a concubine, was more than likely also Greek rather than African but we don't know for sure. I'm going to run a search to see if I can find anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: