Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demedji and Hennutsen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Demedji and Hennutsen? Reply with quote

Hey guys!
I'm writing a paper on the statue of Demedji and Hennutsen, and I'm coming up with a lot of nothing...
The first part of my paper was strictly visual analysis, so I had no problem with that. But not I have to do 6 pages worth of research, and I haven't been able to find anything.
If there are any resources (or just plain knowledge!) that you guys have of this statue, its subjects, or similar statues from the 2400 BC era, please help me out!
Thanks in advance!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a Google search for Demedji and Hennutsen. There is a lot of sites. This is taken from one of them:

http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/egyptian_art/statue_of_demedji_and_hennutsen/objectview.aspx?collID=10&OID=100000054
Adrenaline
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I know about that paragraph of information already. Pretty much every result on the first few pages of a Google search only have that same paragraph of information.
Thanks for searching for me, but I need more than that. I'm looking into what his and his wife's titles actually mean. But if I could get any information on the individuals, that would be amazing.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you mean by "what his titles actually meant".
This lists his titles, the functions of which seem to be self-explanatory:

Demedji was Overseer of the regions of foreign bowmen, and Overseer of the King's fortresses.[b] Both titles imply a military function[/b], perhaps in the deserts bordering the Nile delta.[b] He was also Estate Manager of the King, and Overseer of the Herdsmen of Cattle.[/b] His wife, the royal acquaintance Hennutsen, was priestess of the goddesses Hathor and Neith. The statue was dedicated by their son, Ti, an Overseer of Marshes who may also be mentioned in the Abusir Papyri, suggesting that the statue was dedicated in early Dynasty 5.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those sentences enclosed in (b) should have been in bold. This system fouls up at times...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: