Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King TUT'S WIFE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: King TUT'S WIFE Reply with quote

Angl146 wrote:
I'm working on a project for school and I would like to know if King Tut had a wife If you could get back to me as soon as possible Thanks Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Rolling Eyes Very Happy Laughing Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

yes, he did have a wife named ankhessenpaaten,his half sister and she changed it toankhesenamun Razz Razz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: King Tutankhamen's death Reply with quote

Whoa! Slow down a bit. All of this conjecture about who killed Tut is just that--conjecture. We have NO--zero, nada--evidence that Tut was murdered. The only thing in the least suspious is the particle of bone found in his skull. But even that may have been just a piece of the nasel cavity, which was pierced at the time of embalming to remove the brain. As far as any evidence of a blow to the head, there is none--only wishful thinking on the part of dreamers.
The fact I find interesting---the sternum and part of the ribs were missing, and the body showed evidence of starting to decay. What about this scene? There is some evidence that he led the army on some missions. What if he was killed in a fall from a chariot, and run over, smashing his ribs and crushing his sternum by a following chariot. If he was away from Egypt with his army, the body would be taken back to Egypt for burial. In the time it took to return to Egypt, the body may have started to corrupt. The sternum and ribs were so badly damaged, the priests preparing the body for burial removed and discarded them. After mummification was complete, he was buried in a hastily prepared tomb, that had been intended for another burial, but was pressed into service for Tut. With a couple of minor robberies, 99% of his burial was found by Carter in the 20th century. Only a theory, but plausible--more so than his "murder".
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: King Tutankhamen's death Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:

The fact I find interesting---the sternum and part of the ribs were missing, and the body showed evidence of starting to decay. What about this scene? There is some evidence that he led the army on some missions. What if he was killed in a fall from a chariot, and run over, smashing his ribs and crushing his sternum by a following chariot. If he was away from Egypt with his army, the body would be taken back to Egypt for burial. In the time it took to return to Egypt, the body may have started to corrupt. The sternum and ribs were so badly damaged, the priests preparing the body for burial removed and discarded them. After mummification was complete, he was buried in a hastily prepared tomb, that had been intended for another burial, but was pressed into service for Tut. With a couple of minor robberies, 99% of his burial was found by Carter in the 20th century. Only a theory, but plausible--more so than his "murder".

First thank you for reminding folks that most of who murdered Tutankhamun is conjecture with no facts supporting it.
2nd most of the damage to the Pharaohs remains are credited to Howard Carter himself. Why? Because the amount of resin used to cover the Pharaoh harden and the only way to remove it back in 1924 was with a heated knife. It is said that Carter was burtal in his operation to remove him from his coffin. I have never heard of this corruption of the body or of the ribs. As for his dying in or near battle i do believe. Egypt lost an important battle just about the time of his death. Possibly the reason why Horemheb didn't inheirt the throne as planned? Who wants a loser as Pharaoh? I would appreciate your sources on the ribs and corruption. If you want mine on Carter's butchery i will be happy to get it for you:)
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tut was killed in a chariot accident or even murdered, wouldnt it make sense that we would have evidence like drawings or writings about it? Thats what confuses me.
anekhsenamon
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be rebirth of anekhsenamun n she is in naw india :?
just think about it :idea:
after tuts death anekhsenamun was in love again with king rafretri but that information is not in net or sites whyyyyyy :?:

[/quote]
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sekmet, this is the official report of the CT scan:
http://www.egyptologyonline.com/ct_scan_report.htm

I stand corrected. There is NO evidence of any corruption of the body. The CT scan team was divided on if the missing ribs/sternum was the result of embalming or Carter. Other than the broken leg bone, there seemed to be no trauma--as in accident--to the mummy at all.
Although murder, as in a blow to the head, has been ruled out, Dr. Hawass said to me that there is always the possibility of poison. Any traces that may have been left in the corpse would be obliterated by the embalming process.
As he said, the body is that of a normal healthy young man--who happened to be dead!
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Osiris, it is so nice to see you again. It is always an honor to be able to discuss something with Dr. Hawass.
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pharaohkel - according to Egyptian monuments no bad thing ever happened -to Egypt for example no Pharoh in history ever lost a battle.
Also we do not have many records for the period so if it was written down i.g. in records of a trial they would almost certainly have been lost.
anekhsenamon
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plz someone answer my question........? Question
wht about anekhsenamun..........how she die Question
everybudy is talking about king tut....nobudy is talking about anekhsenamun......why? Question
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't much to tell about Ankhsenamun. Her name was, originally, Ankhenpaaton, and was one of Akhnaten and Nefertiti's daughters. Married to Tutankhaton. When he became king, his name was changed to Tutankhamen and hers to Ankhsenamun. At Tut's death, it it thought that she wrote to the Hittite king requesting one of his sons in marriage, saying she "refused to marry a servant". The Hittite king sent a son, but he died before reaching her. She married her grandfather, Aye, thereby establishing his right to rule. All traces of her disappeared shortly after this marriage. Her tomb has never been located, nor any of her grave-goods. She MAY have been murdered, but it's more likely she died of the plague which was ravishing the area at that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: