Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King TUT'S WIFE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angl146

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: King TUT'S WIFE Reply with quote

I'm working on a project for school and I would like to know if King Tut had a wife If you could get back to me as soon as possible Thanks Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Rolling Eyes Very Happy Laughing Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Tutankhamen did have a wife, her name was Ankhsenamun, and she was his half sister. Tutankhamen's father was Akhenaten and his mother was Kiya (This is what most people believe, but some don't think that Tutankhamen was related to Akhenaten at all). Ankhsenamun's parents were Akhenaten and Nefertiti.

They were married very young, Tutankhamen was about 9 or 10, and Ankhsenamun was either the same age or a little older. By the time Tutankhamen died 10 years after he started ruling they had no children, and no heir to the throne. The 18th Dynasty in whihc Tutankhamen ruled soon ended.

Hope that helped!

-Akhenaten- Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valentina
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Tutankhamun yes he was a father! Reply with quote

There was documentation in KMT Journal that mentioned that Tutankhamun's wife Ankhesenamun did have children but her first child was stillborn (daughter).
scarab
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me about the stillborn/infant(?) mummies found in Tutankhamuns tomb?
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both were girls. One was still born and the other was about 5 months of gestation. We now know that they had deformities of the spine.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they were mummified and buried in Tutankhamen's tomb, in the innermost treasurary, the room where they found the golden shrine containing Tutankhamen's canopic jars and the statue of Anubis. The room was off the burial chamber. Both of the children had theyr own little coffins, which I believe are in the Cairo museums but not on display, and the mummies are in a laboratory with lots of other mummies. There was a special on PBS a year or so ago about them. It was very interesting.

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I saw that over here. They were trying to trace what had happened to them when they left Tut's tomb and they finally found them buried in the bak of a storeroom at the Cairo Museum.
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been of the theory that Ay killed Tut, Horemheb killed the Hittite Prince, Ay took the throne and killed Tut's widow. But something always bothered me.

Why did Horemheb kill the Hittite prince and then sit back and let Ay take the throne? Maybe they were collaberating together. Horemheb wouldn't oppose Ay taking the throne, he couldn't live long anyway if he named Horemheb as heir. But if so why deface Ay's tomb after and group him together with the other Amarna pharaohs and try to wipe them from history?

This is not neccessarily what I think but it's an interesting theory. What if it was Horemheb and not Ay who maybe killed Tut? What if the 'servant' that Ankhesenamun refers to in her letter to the Hittites was not Ay but Horemheb? And when he found out she was trying to marry a foreigner he put an end to her plans by killing him. What if Ay had been a genuine supporter of Tut and when he found out about Horemheb's plans he stopped him by taking the throne himself hence why Horemheb defaced Ay's tomb when he finally got the throne, in revenge. Maybe Ay didn't kill Ankhesenamun. Maybe she died naturally or even comitted suicide. It was Horemheb who defaced all Tut's monuments not Ay so maybe Horemheb was the bad guy all along.

What do you think?
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good theory! I like it!

-Akhenaten-
Lady Neferankh
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: What about the children? Reply with quote

Does anyone know for sure what gender the children of Tutankhamon and Akhsenamon are.?Most books say that they are girls but others say they are one girl and one boy.Is there new information that will tell us for sure and has DNA testing been done on either of these babies?
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like my theory that Horemheb and Aye were working together. Aye knew that he didn't have long to live, so he had to end Tut before any heirs came or he'd never become pharoah. Horemheb or Aye killed Tut, probably Aye, and then Aye became pharoah. Ankhsunamun found out, and was killed too to make sure she didn't talk. Aye was going to cheat on Horemheb in some way, so Horemheb killed Aye, (I don't know if that's true) and became pharoah. I dunno, but that's what I believe.
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like both theories. they areboth interesting adn should be considered with the professionals. I woul dbe interested in finding out if anyone could really figure out what happened. but i would more like to be back in the times when tut died and be part of that time period.
Ashley
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I doubt we will ever find out for sure, leaving us to guess and speculate.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Unless we found the tool that the killer used, and if there was a shred of skin on it or a hair, (which would've decayed) we couldn't use DNA. Fingerprints weren't taken in the ancient times.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, They can get fingerprints off of ancient Egyptian mummies. But we don't have the mummy of either Aye or Horemheb, so at this moment in time it wouldn't do us much good anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: