Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Papyrus Leiden I 344: there is it in the internet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erikebenavraham
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Papyrus Leiden I 344: there is it in the internet? Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Erike and I am a new user here. I study ancient languages alone, through books and materials of the global network. I have a special affection for all Hebrew and the ancient Egyptian language. I wonder if you have a copy on paper or on the internet of the Papyrus Leiden I 344 (Admonitions of Ipuwer) have it to me. I am studing the hieroglyphs and I have this full text translated by a researcherof an university here in Brazil to Brazilian Portuguese and would like to take this text in hieroglyphic to compare it and study it more deeply. At most into now that I found on the internet on this text was a transliteration of it in Latin letters on a Russian site

Somebody knows where I would to take this hieroglyphic text (site, organization, database, hierolgyphic text editor's files to download as Jsesh...)?

Forgive-me the evil English, I am not as good in it as I am in Hebrew ... helped me a lot the translator... Smile

Thank for listening. Thanks!

Erike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome!
I hope you can read English fluently, I was only able to find this translation:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/dmp/index.htm
Hope it is what you need.
erikebenavraham
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Thank You! but... Reply with quote

Thanks anyway ... But I already have a translation in my language in this entire papyrus ... What I want now is he in hieroglyphs (the original is even in hierático) ... I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can download or if such document on the Internet... as so many here in this site: http://webperso.iut.univ-paris8.fr/~rosmord/hieroglyphes/hieroglyphes.html

Thank you for everything! Smile

Erike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
erikebenavraham
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Hieroglyphic Text from transcription in latin letters Reply with quote

I am "transcribing" to hieroglyphic text a transliteration of Papyrus Leiden I 344, from this link: http://www.egyptology.ru/annotations/Enmarch.pdf.
I am using the opensource program "Jsesh". Here is the link with the doc - http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/223122a7-a3a2-43eb-94f8-3495ad9a3400. For now are ready only from the lines 1.3 to 1.6. I am doing this because, in addition to being coaching what I learned about hieroglyphs, this can provide text later, in full, for someone who wishes examine the hieroglyphic text of this egyptian sage. Unfortunately I can not confirm that the symbols are exactly equal to those that have in the papyrus, because the transcription I found is not accurate. Who wants to help me in this work is very welcome! Sorry my bad English! Smile

bye!

Erikebenavraham
erikebenavraham
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ops... sorry! the correct link is this: http://www.esnips.com/doc/223122a7-a3a2-43eb-94f8-3495ad9a3400/The-admonitions-of-Ipuwer

Erikebenavraham
Shepeskaf the Cool
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was published in 1909, by Hinrichs of leipzig, it is essential that you see a colour reproduction of the scroll as the original was damaged by some insect & repaired in antiquity. the repairs are a different tone & some look incorrectly placed. gardiner's translation is the only copy i have seen
Anon
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is it that you're looking for?

1. A facsimile/photo of the original hieratic - you can find this in Gardiner (1906) [i]The admonitions of an Egyptian sage[/i]

2. A transcription of the hieratic into hieroglyphs - this is the Enmarch publication

3. An english translation - Lictheim, Ancient Egyptian literature volume 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: