Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nefertiti and the Lost Dynasty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has Akhenaten finally been found?
Yes! Time to PAAAARRRTYYYY!!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not yet, but hopefully soon!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe...?
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Time for Tut to take a nap...zzzzz....
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Nefertiti and the Lost Dynasty Reply with quote

I would think this sort of topic can go in here, considering it deals with three different mummies...or four...whichever.

Anywho!

On Monday night at 9pm on the National Geographic Channel, they're airing this show about the true identifications of the two lady mummies found in KV35(?), and seeing some previews on it, they beleive it to be Tiye...and Kiya!!

But wait, there's more!!

They believe to have found the mummy of Akhenaten as well...which isn't much of a mummy considering his condition but still!! It is a male, between ages 25-40. Though if Smenkhare is a man-which I hope he is, I think he was Akhenaten's older son with Kiya-this mummy might be him too. But in all honesty I do hope it's Akhenaten.

Here is the link with the article, and within it a link to the website of the NGC.
http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainment/20070710/DCTU01710072007-1.html

Though I also have another thing to add, how odd it is that this is all coming to light so suddenly...first Hatshepsut, then Akhenaten?

I think they did know the whole time she was in the Cairo Museum, and Hawass is finally showing her to the world. Same with the other mummies that were "never found". Granted they want to protect the mummies, but this could have been found out even a few years ago even with the Tut CT scans. It seems a little suspicious to me on Zahi's part, but that's just me. Ah well, better late than never right? Cool Laughing

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

ankhetkheperure
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am a bit confused....is the mummy in question "Mr. KV55", the skeleton that is assumed to be the remains of Smenkhkare? And the Younger Lady is Kiya now......Hmm. I have always thought the Younger Lady is probably Meritaten based on her age, resemblance to Akhenaten, etc. Just my opinion, of course. Smile

I am interested in seeing what sort of evidence is presented to back up these new theories, but I can't help to wonder whether or not Dr. Hawass is now saying "Kiya" as an attempt at proving Joann Fletcher wrong! He also thought Kiya was buried in KV63.....remember that? The old fellow seems to have an obsession with finding her, IMO.

I don't watch much TV, but I suppose I should get the popcorn ready for Monday night. This should be interesting.
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe yes, it is indeed the same skeleton they're talking about. Part of me hopes it's Smenkhare though. I dunno, but still worth watching to see what exactly happens.

Heh, Yea, God FORBID Hawass is EVER wrong! GASP! Shocked Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: