Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Pharaoh who reigned during the time of Moses
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramses II
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: The Pharaoh who reigned during the time of Moses Reply with quote

They say that the Pharaoh who reigned during the time that Moses was born was Seti, and that Ramses II was the one who wouldn't let them go, but I looked at the dates and a pharaoh list and when Moses was born was during Hatshepsut's reign and Thutmose III was ruling when he came back.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!! I agree with you, that is was much earlier than the time of Ramses and Seti, and that it was closer to the Thutmose's, everyone has told me it was a silly theory and that my dates were way off. Thanks for agreeing with me!
Fade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some theorize that the pharaoh of the Exodus was Akhenaten, and that the "plague of the firstborn" was the reason behind Tutankhamun's death. The whole "exodus" problem is truly an enigma, and I doubt it will ever be solved soon.
kemeticpoet
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fade wrote:
Some theorize that the pharaoh of the Exodus was Akhenaten, and that the "plague of the firstborn" was the reason behind Tutankhamun's death. The whole "exodus" problem is truly an enigma, and I doubt it will ever be solved soon.

Or it's possible that the exodus story is just that... a story... with no historical basis in fact whatsoever. Let's not mark out that possibility.

I live and then I die, I ask the sun's embrace.
I am dedicated to the Netjeru.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I do remember reading about some ancient writings that had been found, mentioning events that related to the ones in the story of Exodus.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have, as well. There's this book, I haven't read it, but it'd advertized in "Biblical Archaeology Society" magazine, and it's about Exodus, and it's supposed to have a lot of historical proof that the Bible book is telling the truth. I want to order it, but I don't have the money right now.
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you happen to know the title of it?
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not off hand, but I'll look it up for you when I get home
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Moses and Hatshepsut Reply with quote

go to: http://www.mazzaroth.com/ChapterFive/TheBirthOfMoses.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nefertikaure wrote:
Actually, I do remember reading about some ancient writings that had been found, mentioning events that related to the ones in the story of Exodus.

Your thinking of the Papyrus Ipuwer. It does agree with the Biblical accounts of the 10 plagues, from an Egyptian point of view. It gets pretty graphic of the horrors Egypt suffered.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about the theory which can be read making
Akhenaton = Abram then Abraham=Jacob=Isaac the trilogie
Nefertiti = Sarah= Rebecca
Semenkhare= Ismael ( 1 né de Akhenaton)
Toutankhamon = fils d'akhenaton = pharaon de la bible avec Aï ( jacob) conseiller
Aï = joseph
General Horenbed = Aaron
General Ramses 1 = Moise
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand what you mean by your chart... Could you explain? (Though I DO love the whole bi-lingual thing going on.)

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Horemheb
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: myth Reply with quote

Actually, this story is a myth. It is valid from a religious point of view but did not take place historically. Their is not a shread of evidence to support it.
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: myth Reply with quote

Horemheb wrote:
Actually, this story is a myth. It is valid from a religious point of view but did not take place historically. Their is not a shread of evidence to support it.

Hi Horemheb, welcome to the board. You state it is a myth, that there is not a shread of evidence to support it (the Exodus).

Sorry but i disagree with you. In the time frame that modern Egyptian and Biblical Archaeologists place the Exodus there isn't a shred i agree. Their inability does not negate the reality of Biblical events or people. It simply means that it isn't where they think it should be or ought to be. The real problem is the chronology, they use to try and find Biblical events, and people.

The chronology they universially use is based upon the 2nd century AD chronology of Sextus Julius Africanus an early church father. Which was then reworked by another early church father, Jerome in the late 4th century AD. This chronology was altered substancially by Archbishop James Ussher (1581-1656) and last altered by supporters of Champollion (1825ca.)

When one is allowed to throw out the chronology formulated by these men. You can not only find the Exodus at the end of the Old Kingdom, but you can find using Biblical years. Joseph, the sons of Ishmael, and Abraham in earlier stages of Egyptian history. It is an almost perfect match between two different ancient records.

You might find some of my other posts on this subject interesting they are in this index- Exodus Pharaoh Theories, and in the Ancient Egypt index- Chronology. You might like to examine in the Queens index- Queen Were-tymtes, and Queen Merneith two queens that one day may actually be counted as having real Biblical relationships.

I hope you come back and learn more.
Sincerely Sekhmet
Horemheb
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Proof Reply with quote

Sekmet...so where is the proof that moses existed at the end of the Old Kingdom????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: