Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stats on pyramids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Stats on pyramids Reply with quote

My friend wants to know:

1. The latest number of bricks they've counted in the Great Pyramid
2. The EXACT weight of each brick
3. How much space did the base take up
4. How accurately they built the Pyramids
5. What size (hight, width, depth) were the bricks

Thanx for your help.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Advertisement

nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i THINK the bricks weighed 4 tons...i THINK...and there are many ways that they think they made the pyramids...but last i heard that they build ramps going up along the sides of the pyramid, then they would use these huge tropical leaves to pull the bricks across. It's something like that i beleive...but I'm but 100% percent sure.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. How accurately they built the pyramids. This is the only one I know the answer to...

The blocks were so perfectly aligned you couldn't even get a postcard through the seams, and scientists have found that the Pyramids at Giza were perfectly aligned with the stars in Orions belt (They aren't now, stars shift over time, but they can trace their movement back to the positions they were in at the time). Also, they were perfectly square at the base, and the corners were aligned precisely with N. S. E. and W.
Davel
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pyramids were built extremely accurately, aligned with the cardinal directions, and squared and levelled as well.

The most impressive aspect, however, is their positioning by the 30th degree of latitude.

Whilst algning the early pyramid with NSEW, using the circumpolar stars, they noticed that the altitude of the pole changed with movement NS. To celebrate this revelation they built their greatest monumental project on the nearby 30th degree latitude with an incredibel accuracy, 29.98 degrees.

These monumental structures are now known as the Great Pyramids of Giza.
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Further searches Reply with quote

This site will give you alot of detail into the construction of the pyramid's
Go to: http://www.touregypt.net
Scroll down to master index and it will take you to Building materials of the pyramid Builders, and
Construction of the pyramids, Part I, Orientation and Layout of the Pyramid platform.
Interesting reading!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: