Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARNAK- King List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamescavinss
Servant

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: KARNAK- King List Reply with quote

Where in the Temple of Karnak was the King List orginally located?

I know it is now displayed in the Louvre Museum in Paris and i plan to go there to see it for myself.

How did it end up in Paris? It seems rather important a piece of Archaeology to be allowed to leave Egypt.

At some stage in History (1800s?) i am aware of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo being run by Frenchmen (more than one) so my guess is that it was this period of time when the Louvre received such an important item.

If this theory (well more of a random guess than a theory- devoid of reaearch) is correct, then was it at the same time the dendera Zodiac arrived in Paris and other such vastly important Egyptian items?

Idea
Thank you all
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For much of the 19th century the Egyptians did not care about pharonic remains - just visited a temple in Siwa that was dynamited by a senior government official for its building stones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: