Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever been to Egypt? :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Coffee Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever been to Egypt?
yes, and I want to return as soon as possible!
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
yes, but I don't want to return
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
no, but I really want to visit Egypt!!!!
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
no, and I don't want to visit!!! (I think no-one will vote for this... or I just hope)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go if you pay my way!! Wink
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsekh wrote:
I'll go if you pay my way!! Wink

I will!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Cool

Let's begin the random trip to Egypt land, yaaaay!!! Now...if ONLY we had a time machine...hmmm..*Shifty eyes* Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

...If only they invented those. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Laughing Wink That would be nice...then I'd REALLY see Tut!! And Akhenaten!!!! Wow!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Cool Bah, what a fantasy...can never come true...

..Cause of no money. Laughing Laughing Wink Cool

Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. my interest in time travel is long gone since it would definitely change everything in the future.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....You got me there, Ramsekh. Laughing Laughing Wink Cool Good point!!!! ^___^ Hehe... Cool Shocked

tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A time machine that only observed would not change the past.
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A time machine... wow! I would really like to use that! When I was younger, I was always dreaming of travelling into the past (not the future). Of course, for first, I'd like to see Akhenaten (you know, he is my absolute favourite) and then Rameses II and Tuthmosis III. Aw, and I also want to see Cleopatra! Did she have such a big nose like in the money or she was as beautiful as on the paintings? Razz Oh, and I can't forget Hatshepsut and King Tut, too. Very Happy I also like them. Smile

Talking of time and past, have you ever heard of John Lukacs? He is a famous Hungarian man, but he lives in America and writes books in English. He says that today's West completely like the Ancient Roman Kingdom, and it will and like that, too. Sounds interesting, eh? I never read any books from him, but today our history teacher told me about him. Smile
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris wrote:
A time machine... wow! I would really like to use that! When I was younger, I was always dreaming of travelling into the past (not the future). Of course, for first, I'd like to see Akhenaten (you know, he is my absolute favourite) and then Rameses II and Tuthmosis III. Aw, and I also want to see Cleopatra! Did she have such a big nose like in the money or she was as beautiful as on the paintings? Razz Oh, and I can't forget Hatshepsut and King Tut, too. Very Happy I also like them. Smile

Same here, Lostris! Cool There's LOTS to see in Ancient Egypt...But we shouldn't be seen, or we'd disrupt the time-space continuom(?). I watched too much "Back to the Future" sometimes. Shocked Laughing Laughing Cool

So much time and so little to do! I'd like to see the rulers, but also the citizens, the priests...temples, palaces...all in thier original splendor. What a great day that would be...*Sigh*...

...DON'T FORGET THE HOT EGYPTIAN MEN IN KILTS, ALL MUSCLED-UP AND SUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Cool And here we go with the perversion ONCE again...whee!!! Wink Laughing Cool

Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_tutness_is_here wrote:
...DON'T FORGET THE HOT EGYPTIAN MEN IN KILTS, ALL MUSCLED-UP AND SUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Cool And here we go with the perversion ONCE again...whee!!! Wink Laughing Cool [/color]

Ahh Smile)) That would be so ... nice... Razz A beautiful citizen... *dreaming* Anyway, I ADORE your new avatar!!! Very Happy
Niankhkhnum
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I went for two-and-a-half weeks in April and May, 1990. It was fantastic, of course...saw most of the high points except Alexandria and the Delta, but had a long cruise on the Nile and visited Kom Ombo, Dendera, Luxor & Valley of the Kings, as well as Cairo, Giza plateau, Saqqara, etc. I would go again in a minute if it weren't for the present unstable political/religious situation the middle-east.

Best wishes,

Niankhkhnum
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris wrote:
Ahh Smile)) That would be so ... nice... Razz A beautiful citizen... *dreaming* Anyway, I ADORE your new avatar!!! Very Happy

Lol!!! Laughing Laughing Really, you like my little avatar? Here's a slightly bigger picture of it:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/the_tutness_is_here/tutness_icon.jpg

It's also the cover for my Tut comic:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/the_tutness_is_here/awesome_tut_art.jpg

The publishing date has been a little extended to...hmmm...May. Shocked Laughing Laughing But it's about done!! I made some new art for Tut, Akhenaten, and the creator gods!!!

And as for a man in Ancient Egypt, all I need is a stick to...uhh...hehe. *Takes stick...lifts up the man's kilt a bit...* Meh-heh heh heh....

...I'm such a perv, I'll stop now before it goes too far. Shocked Cool Laughing Laughing

Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
I can't wait I could see your comic translated to every language - Hungarian, too! Very Happy
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris wrote:
W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
I can't wait I could see your comic translated to every language - Hungarian, too! Very Happy

Yaaaay!! I hope it will be too, if it's really good enough... ^__^;; And I'm digging your signature, Lostris, I like Potterpuffs!! Cool Laughing Laughing Wink
Kingtutblessing
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Cool Yes, I just returned from Egypt. I was there for one month. Shocked This is my first time ever to this site Confused I might write more later. Cool
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you! Sad

Do you have photos to share with us??Very Happy
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been yet, but would love to . . . [insert stereotypical banter here]

My chances of going soon are gradually improving though, because I not only live relatively nearby (it'd still be a one-day flight) but also because the flight prices keep being slashed! *And* the local airport has started flying direct. . . . *sigh* Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Coffee Lounge All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: