Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back n need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisangel
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Back n need help Reply with quote

Neone know of ne good books, that can help me catch up on Ramses, and the whole family line? Thanks, Mel Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Advertisement

nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt by Ian Shaw has info from Djoser to Tutankhamun(right to the Roman Period)...everything you need to know.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend "Ramses II, magnificence on the Nile" by Time-Life. They don't sell it in stores, it's a series you used to be able to get in the mail, but they might have it at the library! Another good one would probably be "Ramses II" my Joyce Tyldesly, I haven't read it yet, but I have read her other books and they were very good.
The oxford histoy of Ancient Egypt is very good, in fact, I have been checking it out from the library for months and it was just given to me as a gift about an hour ago!

Hope this helps
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know of any books that focus on Ramesses, but I do know that some children's books have a list of known Pharoahs.
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I just got another book called The Hieroglyphs of Ancient Egypt...it may not talk a lot about Ramesses, but it does have the list of all the pharaohs that ruled in each Dynasty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: