Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Egyptian" by Mika Waltari

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhefenamun
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: "The Egyptian" by Mika Waltari Reply with quote

Has anyone read this epic novel about excitement, misery and disappointment set in the Eighteenth Dynasty?
I've only read a part of it so far (please don't reveal the plot), but what I'm wondering about, as usual, is historical accuracy. Most of it looks believable but a few things contradict what I've read about Ancient Egypt, notably the way people come and go all over the temple as in a mill. After I'm done I shall have to catalogue all the good and bad, although every last review on the Internet gives it five stars; something to look forward too then. If anyone has comments, please discuss them...
Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Merytre-Hatshepsut
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is an adaptation of the story of Sinuhe which originally was set in the 12th dynasty.

I enjoyed reading it, but the story is just a literary interpretation and not very accurate historically speaking.

Here's a version of the original:

http://www.unf.edu/classes/freshmancore/halsall/sinuhe-lichtheim.html

Very Happy Enjoy the reading though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: