Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akhenaten's mummy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think egyptologysts will find Akhenaten's mummy, and if yes, where?
No, they won't find it
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Yes, in Thebes
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Yes, in Amarna
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but somewhere else
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
They've already found it! It's the KV55's mummy!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris, I'm glad to see you on here again! I like your avatar--it's cute! ^_^

Anyway, I would like to join Lostris and finding the lost mummies of the Amarna period, so we can settle all this!! Laughing Laughing Cool There have been many speculations about the mummy in KV55...it is either Kiya, or Smenkhare, or Akhenaten...If I had to guess, it'd be Smenkhare, but then maybe it's Kiya...I really have no clue at all. Crying or Very sad But either way, they're related to Tut in some way!! Cool

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Tutness! For some days, there was a splinter under one of my nails (that's not a joke. It's the SAD truth...) so I couldn't type. That's the reason of my absent. Anyway, happy to see I'm not the only person who would like to guess the myth around that mummy! It would be much easier to think about it if we know that the mummy is man or a woman. (I'm not one of the Nefertiti=Smenkhare shippers).

Oh yeah, Tut, Tut. I'm gonna see him! In the beginning of July I'm going to Egypt with my family for two weeks, and my mum let me to see King Tut's tomb, too! Cool How coooooollll!!!
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris wrote:
Thank you, Tutness! For some days, there was a splinter under one of my nails (that's not a joke. It's the SAD truth...) so I couldn't type. That's the reason of my absent. Anyway, happy to see I'm not the only person who would like to guess the myth around that mummy! It would be much easier to think about it if we know that the mummy is man or a woman. (I'm not one of the Nefertiti=Smenkhare shippers).

Oh yeah, Tut, Tut. I'm gonna see him! In the beginning of July I'm going to Egypt with my family for two weeks, and my mum let me to see King Tut's tomb, too! Cool How coooooollll!!!

Awwww....I'm sorry about the splinter, Lostris!! Crying or Very sad I'm glad you are well, now, correct? Shocked And I'm not supportive of the Nefertiti is Smenkhare idea, either. Confused I'm so happy that you're going to Egypt to see Tut!! I have to wait until next year, my Grandma is taking me and my sister!! She wants to sail the Nile in the evening--which I heard was beautiful--but my stops are Cairo, Giza, Amarna and Valley of the Kings!!...Well....that's some examples...I'm gonna tour Egypt...but for now, say "Hi" to Tut and Akhenaten for me! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_tutness_is_here wrote:
...but for now, say "Hi" to Tut and Akhenaten for me! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Ok, I won't forget it!... My journey starts at 5th of July (Tuesday!!) and I'm really afraid of flying with an aeroplane... You know, before the flying, there's always an aeroplane-accident-film on TV... Rolling Eyes Shocked

As for the Akhenaten's mummy topic, I found this aritcle in http://www.virtual-egypt.com/newhtml/special/amarna/akhmyst.htm

Another article which says the KV55 mummy is NOT Akhenaten.

What happened after his death

There is also uncertainty about events after Akhenaten's death. Evidence indicates that he was originally interred in the royal tomb at Akhetaten, along with his daughter Meritaten, and that he was later moved (by Tutankhamun possibly) to another location, probably the Valley of the Kings. It is possible that after his original burial the Mummy was moved to tomb KV55 in the Valley of the Kings to protect it from the anti-Atenist backlash. It is also possible that his tomb in the Valley of the Kings is yet to be discovered.

What happened to the Mummy
Akhenaten's mummy has never been positively identified. The most likely candidate was thought to be the mummy found in the tomb KV55 in the Valley of the Kings but it is very unlikely that this body is Akhenaten's. Research has shown it to be that of a young man. It is more likely that this body is of Smenkhkare. A piece of gold foil bearing Smenkhkare's cartouche, stolen when the tomb was opened, has recently surfaced in Germany which would seem to confirm the identity of the occupant.
The burial seems to have been hastily arranged using a coffin originally intended for a woman. The length of Smenkhkare's reign probably means that there was little time to make arrangements.
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful article, Lostris!! I know this is KINDA late, but I haven't been on in a while, so I'm gonna play catch-up for a bit. ^__^

What touched me deeply was the fact that Tut (Hopefully, in my opinion) practically SAVED his dad from being lost or burned from the Anti-Atenists. This indeed is a loving gesture, and that got to me. Embarassed It also means blood is thicker than water... Cool

Smenkhare, it seems from the second part, was a hastier burial then Tut's, since it was intended for a female. Shocked Shocked Confused Wouldn't Akhenaten's body be...bigger? And more....shapely....than most other mummies? Confused The way he looks--facial-feature wise--would be a dead give away, in my opinion, buuuut....I don't know, really...I just wish it was found!!!!!! Mad Shocked Laughing Laughing Cool

Selket
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did he save him?

Most tombs were robbed in antiquity. The Ramses & Horemheb probably wouldn't mind if the tomb got wrong. I know that if I was the autocrat I would give the robbers medals.(not saying they did)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: