Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you could email an egyptologist what would you ask them?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Neferankh
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: If you could email an egyptologist what would you ask them? Reply with quote

If you could email an Egyptologist what kind of questions would you ask him or her?Would you ask them questions about people who little is known about or would you ask them questions about popular theories in Egyptology such as whether Tutankhamon was murdered?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very interesting question. You know, I have never really thought of this before.

I think I would ask him his/her theories on some popular questions, i.e. Whos body is in KV 55, Who was the Biblical Pharaoh, etc., maybe what he/she things is behind Gatenbrinks second door, or something like that.
murphyz
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would depend on the egyptologist. I have emailed a couple in the past as I was conducting personal research and had read something they had written that I wanted further comments on and such like. The questions, therefore, were relating to papers and articles they had already written.

Obviously, if I were to email someone such as Mark Lehner I would ask a pyramid related question, as this is his speciality area.

Mxx
egypt22
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i second the statement of what kind of egyptologist it would be. because there are different questions i would ove to ask to different egyptologists. it would be hard to just ask about one subject or anything like about theories or whatever.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'd ask them what they thought about Nefertiti's disappearance.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably ask something about Kiya. Or maybe who they thought Meritaten-Tasherit, Ankhesenpaaten-Tasherit, Beketaten and all those people were or some other such obscure Amarna-related question.

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are of course many questions that need answers but for me personally, the one persone always wanted to know more about was Kiya. Was she a foreign princess? etc What her name meant although I have been speculating on the last question. I have been reading 'A Test of Time' by David Rohl and his book gave me some ideas.
Hebrew names i.e. 'Jeramiah', would have ended 'Ya' in their original spellings. 'Ya' obviously being the name of their god. In the ancient cuiform script, the word 'Ki' was a determintive for cities. Does 'Kiya' in fact mean 'City of Ya' or something similar?
Another interesting point in the book was that in Sumerian/Mesopetamian(I forget which, don't have the book to hand) 'Ki' was another word for Heaven.
The name of 'Kiya' is too similar to the original spellings of Hebrew names to be a coincidence I feel. Was she perhaps a foreign princess after all but a Hebrew one?
ron9695md

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: cleopatra Reply with quote

i would like to know as much info on cleoaptra as possible im doing a reprot on her and i would like all the help i can get please email me back i have a couple of intriew questions for u to held
they are........
1.what were Cleopatras major acomplishments???
2.whats happened after her death???
3.what did she do in her life????
4.did she do anything in her life amazing??
5.how did she die??
please if u could anwser theses questions and anything else other information.it would help alot thank-u again
[/url][/quote][/i][/b]
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have a lot of time to answer them all, but Cleopatra killed herself after Mark Anthony died...she let an Asp bite her.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she married her brother, she had 2 boyfriends, she bore Caesar's boy, her 2nd boyfriend, Mark Antony, would always give Egypt goods, and Mark's brother sharing the throne got mad and exiled Mark, she was one of the few women pharoahs, she was one of the last pharoahs, and she was supposed to be very pretty, she liked to show off (thus make men do what she wanted), and she was supposed to have a big nose. That's all the rattling I can do. If I'm wrong, correct me.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they weren't her boyfriends. She married them in accordance with egyptian lore which allows for polygamy. They were her husbands, both of them. Caeser's succesor Octavian was not Mark Anthony's brother he was his brother in law.
You say one of the few women pharaohs which may have been the case in ancient egypt but not in Ptolemaic egypt where it was very common. A queen was the co-ruler of her brother/husband. In addition to that Cleopatra II, III and VII ruled alone for a time. The numbers after their names are confusing because there were more than 7. Let me just count. 11 that I can think of at the moment. 13 if you count Alexander the Great's sister and step-mother, I think it was.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiya wrote:
Well they weren't her boyfriends. She married them in accordance with egyptian lore which allows for polygamy. They were her husbands, both of them. Caeser's succesor Octavian was not Mark Anthony's brother he was his brother in law.
You say one of the few women pharaohs which may have been the case in ancient egypt but not in Ptolemaic egypt where it was very common. A queen was the co-ruler of her brother/husband. In addition to that Cleopatra II, III and VII ruled alone for a time. The numbers after their names are confusing because there were more than 7. Let me just count. 11 that I can think of at the moment. 13 if you count Alexander the Great's sister and step-mother, I think it was.

Wow! You can rattle off even more than I can! Oi. I guess I WAS wrong!!!! LOLZ.
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: questions i would ask an egyptologist Reply with quote

I would ask how do we know if we are ready to be an egyptologist?
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a smart arse with a clever mouth really:-)

If you think it's for you go for it. I'm 23 and have wasted 3 1/2 years in the army. I wish I had stayed in uni and studied egyptoloigy instead of going into the army. Too late really now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a web site where you can get access to atleast 100 egyptologists email addresses
i think its the centre for computer aided egyptology researech
type that into your browser and hey presto you can email and chat with them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: