Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

king tut's curse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skater 13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: king tut's curse Reply with quote

Hey people I got a report on the curse on king tut's tomb anybody got some info. It's do in a week! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Tut's curse originated after the opening of King Tutankhamen's tomb in 1922 by Howard Carter. A newspaper journalist wanted a story, a good one. For the past several weeks nothing "Exciting," at least not in the eyes of the general public, was happening. So they came up with the idea to start a "Curse" after Lord Carnarvon, Howard Carter's sponsor, died of an infection. He had apparently been bitten by a bug. He re-opened the scab when he was shaving, and it got infected. He later died. Some reporters say that at the same moment that Lord Carnarvon died, his dog dropped dead, and all the lights in Cairo went out. Supposedly the same day Howard Carter's pet canary was eaten by a cobra, which was a symbol of protection to the Pharaohs in ancient times. However... No one else died "Mysteriously" after the tomb was opened, Lord Carnarvon was already in poor health prior to his infection, no one can confirm exactly when the dog died, and the lights in Cairo were often failing. And besides, the cobra could have just been hungry and crept in the house for a quick and easy snack.

If you need any more information, I suggest you read "The complete Tutankhamen" by Nicholas Reeves, or "The discovery of the tomb of Tutankhamen" by Howard Carter himself. There are three volumes to this book, and I am not certain as to which one it is in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
i suppose i do and don't belive in tut's curse what do you think
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just people wanting to get attention, as usual. Tut may have had an Egyptian curse put upon people who disturbed him, but I';m sure it didn't work. Just superstition, that's all. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU HAVE ANGERED ME!! I WILL FIND YOU ALL AND SEND MY SPIRIT OUT TO GET YOU!! Twisted Evil
pwned
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spelled Tutankhhamen wrong.^^^^^^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been spelled both ways
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: