Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could you please help me I have to write a report abouut her

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much do you know about nefertiti's
nothing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
only a little
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
a fair amout
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
a lot
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
are you kidding I am like nefertiti herself
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

HBFoxyroxy1
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Could you please help me I have to write a report abouut her Reply with quote

I have to write a repoert about nefertiti and I need to know a lot of stuff but first of all I need to know what kind of clothes she wore
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you know about nefertiti's what?

Well let's see...by the 18th Dynasty a synthetic form of clothing called llubtihs was worn frequently by royalty. It was very similar to modern polyester and was made from melting the shells of dung beetles and slowly drawing threads unil they were of workable size and then cooled. Once they obtained enough threads, garments could be sewn with shaped oyster shell chips intertwined as decorations. They were prized for their iridescence and were quite similar to sequins of the modern era.

Nefertiti was also known for sporting some unique wear during ceremonies to Aten. Instead of the famous crown she is so often depicted wearing, she would wear a type of bell shaped hat called a lognak made of flax which was then teased giving it a 'fuzzy' texture. Along with this type of hat she wore a type of ornamental eyewear with large rectangular shaded lenses and thick frames called slazac. To compliment her head and eye wear she wore a type of sandals with 3 diagonal stripes and fat straps called sadida.

Many believe that the b-boy attire of the 1980's derived from Nefertiti's choice of fashion!

Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thx Very Happy now I need to know the personality traits, spare time activities, house, clothes, parents, happy and funny moments, 2 sad or disapointing moments, and some contributions. I need this done and memorized by this thursday. thank you for ur comments Very Happy Smile Surprised Cool Laughing Razz Wink Arrow ~Mariah })i({
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe nobody (other than the gullible HBFoxyroxy1) commented on this rediculous post!
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just mean. She was probably only seven or eight years old, and you just made up rubbish. Everything that Neb-Ma'at Re said was made up. Please do not present that for your report. . . although I expect it's too late now! Allow me. . . or allow my stolen text from a kids' website:

Unlike most of the people of the ancient Mediterranean, the Egyptians did not wear just one or two big pieces of cloth wrapped around themselves in various ways. Instead, both men and women in Egypt wore tunics which were sewn to fit them. These tunics were like a long T-shirt which reached to the knees (for men) or to the ankles (for women). They were usually made of linen and were nearly always white. Most Egyptians, both men and women, do not seem to have covered their heads with any kind of cloth. They often went barefoot, but sometimes they wore leather sandals.

Men who were working outside usually wore short skirts instead of tunics, which may have been made as in Western Asia by winding a piece of cloth around your waist and legs. Both men and women wore blue and green eyeshadow and black kohl eyeliner, when they were dressed up fancy. Men wore their hair short, and had no beards or mustaches, while women wore their hair down to their shoulders. Both men and women wore gold jewelry if they could afford to.

You can find some pictures of Nefertit and her clothing HERE
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, your too nice Psus! She wasn't 7 or 8! That would put her in 2nd or 3rd grade. My son is 3rd grade and he is at the top of his class and they do not do reports like this. I can tell you that she was not in any kind of advanced class or she wouldn't have to rely on posting her question..she would know how to find the answers her self. Besides I hope a 7 or 8 year old girl isn't using a screename like HBFoxyroxy1.

What the hell is wrong with kids today anyways...or better yet what is wrong with parents. Doesn't anyone pick up a damn book any more? It totally amazes me that all these students come on here post something like "I have a report due tomorrow and I need to know everything about Ancient Egypt...hurry pleeease!"

Look I'm all for helping someone with a legitimate question for a report or homework but If your too lazy to do your own research and have to rely on asking people for answers to most of your report (and from her original question you know it was going to followed by more questions...and it was) you deserve to get the type of answer that I gave. I hope she does put the info I gave in her report. She will learn a valuable lesson. You know...on second thought she might end up getting an "A" because her teacher probably doesn't know the real answer anways.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose. But you could have told her that, rather than tricking her. I didn't even know that we had internet in our house until I was about seven or eight, and I still love looking things up in books. The internet seems too dubious, and I never rely un sites unless they look relatively official. (Not that your fake answer didn't seem official Smile )

Incidentally, what does your son want to do when he's older? He sounds quite a character Smile .
Servant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl
i beileved what u rote!
hahaha lol thats how gullible i am
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Could you please help me I have to write a report abouut Reply with quote

HBFoxyroxy1 wrote:
I have to write a repoert about nefertiti and I need to know a lot of stuff but first of all I need to know what kind of clothes she wore

Oh, why not try to search? There're REALLY lot sites about Nefertiti though she was a famous queen.
coolgirl808
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked wow
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have much time now, so I write down some interesting facts about Nefertiti, maybe you could use it in your report, if the help is still wanted for anyone.

Interesting facts and theories
I never thought they were the same. If the KV55 mummy is really Smenkhare (it could be Akhenaten, too, - let's see the 'Akhenaten's mummy' topic and Akhenaten's post), Smenkhare was a young boy who died in his 20s. There are facts and theories to talk about and we don't know much about Nefertiti's death - just because it could help. A lot of people say she died when there was a big epidemic of the plague in the last years of Akhenaten's rule - so many people say Nefertiti died in pestilence. But a lot of people see more dramatic reasons behind her death, for example: she was killed by someone or she killed herself because of her children (you know, she didn't have any sons). But if you ask me, I prefer the bubonic version or the natural death. I read somewhere that Nefertiti married Akhenaten before Akhenaten started his rule - and Nefertiti was some years younger than Akhenaten. So, if Akhenaten ruled Egypt for 17 years, and he died when he was 37 years old, Nefertiti must be 33-34 years old when she died. We know that's too early to a natural death nowadays, but in ancient Egypt, sadly it was so common. Or maybe Akhenaten only sent Nefertiti out of the palace - there were another wives of him like the mysterious Kiya. So maybe Akhenaten was angry with Nefertiti because she didn't have a son from he - not like Kiya, who had minimum one, but prefer two children from him. (Smenkhare, Tut). But if Smenkhare's Kiya's son, he couldn't be Nefertiti, because Nefertiti is possibly the daughter of Aye...

Want a good laugh? Look!

"ARMANI NEFERTITI!!!"

http://www.apoggi.com/online-store/scstore/p-57863.html

Last edited by Lostris on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coolgirl808
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought she was tut's wife
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut's wife was Ankhsunamun.
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neb-Ma'at-Re, it was mean of you to trick that girl about that. I mean, I definitely agree that it was extremely stupid that she believed that Shocked , but still, she probably IS young, and you're an adult. Rather than tricking her, you could have explained to her that she could look it up, since Nefertiti is an extremely popular queen. Though it does annoy me when people visit this site about ONCE just to get info for a project just because they're lazy and totally DON'T care about AE. Plus, she should learn that she should use more than 1 source for a project, because the internet is NOT always reliable (though books usually are, she should use books too).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: