Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exodus Once Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eera
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Exodus Once Again Reply with quote

Hello,

I know this topic has been discussed to death, but I was wondering if anyone would like to have a private discussion about it, or in the forum, whatever. I am of the opinion that Pepi II was the Pharaoh of the Oppression and Merenre II that of the Exodus. Sekhmet has posts sharing the same belief, perhaps you will be interested Sekhmet.

Take care

Eera
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone else wants to then that is fine but I wouldn't mind chatting about it because I am unfamiliar with this theory but quite hot on other theories. I also study theology and philosophy so it will be interesting coming to this from two vewpoints. If you like i'll private chat with you.
Eera
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siamun,

Sure, I just sent you an email.

Eera
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry, that was my old school email which i can no longer access, I have updated it now so if you could please email me through that one perhaps we could chat over MSN or something. Thankyou and Sorry.
Eera
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which email...the exlaym9@cooperscoborn ????
Eera
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just sent the email to both e-mails...the first one and then the hotmail one...so you should get it!!
stuartfanning
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out. This research seems to suggest that Rameses was the Pharaoh of the Exodus.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/rameses/rameses.html
Eera
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Not So, Say's Rameses Reply with quote

Hello,

If Rameses II was Pharaoh of the Exodus then Seti I had to be the Pharaoh of the Oppression. Which dosnt make sence, because Rameses II came to the throne in his twenties and lived to be in his 80's or 90's. The bible clearly states that Moses was prompted to return to Egypt because "those who sought your life are dead". Meaning the Pharaoh that had raised Moses was dead.

Furthermore, if we look at Rameses II as the Pharaoh of the Oppression, he could not be the Pharaoh of the Exodus for the reasons stated above. Thus his son Merneptah was the Pharaoh of the Exodus but we know this not to be the case.

Eera
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i just say you are underpinning all of your theories on a book that includes the following....

- the existence of a race of giants (the Nephilim)
- all of the animals of the world being crammed onto one single ark!
- creation taking place in 6 days.
- a serpent causing the ultimate fall from grace of the millions of ancestors of Adam.
- rules about women grabbing genitals of men during fights.
- a whole book which is a lovesong (Song of Solomon)
- a book about the end of the world (read Revelations, its fun).

This hardly gives me a strong foundation to start a proper scientific study so please, until there is some REAL, irrefutable evidence for the Exodus then i will carry on believing it is an exagerration of a small, insignificant truth.
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidence:

This is the best (evidence) I could find on the dating (time period) of the Exodus:
http://www.cresourcei.org/exodusdate.html

But hey, I think that if if you feel something ... than just go w/it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: