Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tut's CT scan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Tut's CT scan Reply with quote

I've just read in the paper this morning that the CT scan on Tutankhamen's mummy has FINALLY been done. Hawass is very hopeful that the results will "put to rest all of the speculation concerning his death and parentage". I hope he's right. All sorts of theories abound. The most important will be the final answer to the question of if he was murdered or died from some disease or accident.
Then there's the question of his parentage. I still believe he was Amenhotep III's son. (probably be some lesser wife) How will the scan prove his parentage? Won't it just show his relation to other members of the Royal Family? I await the results with much anticipation!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any results already known? I'm really curious.

But I wonder how can a CT scan "put to rest all of the speculation concerning his death and parentage". Shocked
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offical results haven't been released yet, but Hawass has said that there is no further speculation on the cause of his death--that he did not die from a blow to the head. I'd like to be able to see the results that have led him to the conclusion.
We just have to wait (me, with great anicipation) for the SCA's official results.
ahlan
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Any results?? Reply with quote

Do we have any results/news about Tut's CT yet? Because I have found nothing about it, yet...
PsyPharaoh
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very cool - it's very surprising that they can do this to a mummy thousands of years old!

I'm going to stick with the theory of him dying from a blow to a head, however; a little out of spite, but mostly out of the fact that I have evolved to the point to realize that after thousands of years, there's bound to be some erosion, and therefore, would skew the results of the scan.
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No further speculation on the cause of his death? What, I wonder, is the cause of his death. I really would like to know. Maybe he died or illness, maybe he wasn't a healthy man...
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no record of how Tutankhamen died, Neith. But we may have a clue in his mummy. When it was found, excavator Carter noticed that the sternum and several ribs were missing, and had been missing when the body was mummified. If he died in a chariot accident, by accident or if he was pushed from a chariot, and if that chariot ran over him, his sternum may have been crushed. We can add more to the supposition. Obviously, his body was hastily mummified and buried. If he had been on a hunting trip to the desert, or on a small military campaign somewhere and his body was delayed in its preservation, decomposition may have set in, and the heavy use of ungents during his burial would obliberate the odur.
This is all guess-work, but it IS a workable theory. I have said for years that he was not kiled from a blow to the head. Hoefully, the CT scan will help me prove my point!
We'll see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: