Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mighty Thor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golobulus
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: The Mighty Thor Reply with quote

For anyone who has ever read Marvel's "Thor" or who hasn't but is into Egyptian mythology, you might want to get into this comic. Now, granted, the main characters are primarily focused on Scandanavian mythology, however, there are some sagas of Thor where Loki joins with Set, the Egyptian God of Evil. In some of these issues, cameos are made; including Osiris, Wesir, Anubis, and even Nepthys ( who really hates her husband)

Set or Seth: apparently Set fired his clothing designer and had to get a replacement at the last minute..

and hey...one more treat

Isis:

....hmm...that complexion..........she looks kinda...what's the word? Oh yeah.......dead
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Advertisement

SerqSekhet
peasant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well! There goes my thought I was going to ask! I was hoping you seen what I saw among mythologies.
Such as in the east Ha means the sun and Thor being thunder or riding, in this case riding. Ha (the sun) thor (riding) Ha+Thor =Hathor (the sun riding)
And I'll stop there before I confuse you or myself.

And if I was the sun, I'd be sunrise!
Made Horus rise before he was King!
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth are you talking about? Hathor comes from Heret-Hor, which means 'house of Horus'.

Or was that some sort of sarcastic joke? I'm confused. lol
peasant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psusennes I wrote:
What on earth are you talking about? Hathor comes from Heret-Hor, which means 'house of Horus'.

Or was that some sort of sarcastic joke? I'm confused. lol

I know that silly, but Hathor was the goddess of the sky wherein Horus the sun-god rose and set. Subsequently can translate into the Sun riding.

Other than that, what are the chances that Hathor as a cow jumped over the moon? Probably the same chance Hathor watch Horus ride on by.

See ya! Wink

And if I was the sun, I'd be sunrise!
Made Horus rise before he was King!
Selket
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Valhalla,this is good stuff!

Thou art noble in your endevors Golobus.

Umm...I don't think the Vikings made contact with Ancient Egyptians.Maybe the other way around,but it's unlikely that a male storm diety lent his name to a female fertiltiy goddess.

Any other wannabe Valkyries onboard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: