Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


zahi hawass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
maatkara
Pharaoh


Joined: 21 Oct 2004
Posts: 705
Location: Valle d'Aosta- Italy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extremes are always wrong!... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Google
Sponsor





PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Back to top
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psusennes I wrote:
But it isn't right. If we return the objects that are just as much a part of our history as theirs then everything may as well be returned to its original resting place- and that would just be ridiculous. Museums would be boring and pointless to visit. Everyone would have to fly to other countries to learn about them. You neglect the poor London populace- how would they see Egyptian relics?


Question Question Exclamation Exclamation This must be the dumbest excuse I ever heard
And what abut the rest of the world... They have to travel to London
to se the stone!!!! then to Egypt to se the rest and do you think that
British people are the only once who visit Egypt....???
Wow how small is your world..... And if your museum is so boring
then maybe you should spend a few to make your own history
worthy looking at, but as we all now are they often based on
bedtime stories and not facts we tend to overdo our own history
when Egypt have facts and proof that their exist...

No this is so dumb that I am just stunned Sad
I really hade a different view of British people but if this is the
major view of your fellow citizens then I am disappointed Crying or Very sad
But when I look in the protest list at the site there are hope Wink
A lot of British people share our view and hopefully there will be more
people who are a shamed of this imperial holdings you are representing
And join the Quest to bring the KEY RELICS home.....
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
maatkara
Pharaoh


Joined: 21 Oct 2004
Posts: 705
Location: Valle d'Aosta- Italy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Claude II,
I have to say that I really feel disappointed by your behaviour, instead. It looks like you are not able to stand those opinions that can be different from yours and this is not a sign of respect or intelligence...
We are sharing different ideas about one important fact and if you want to have a civil discussion, then you have to respect others' thoughts without offending....
Italy has much more than the British Museum....noone ever said anything like what you said about us...not even Hawass... Wink
I can understand the feeling you have about the return of important pieces to Egypt, but you should also try to understand the point of view of all the thousends of people who have the chance to see those items in our museums, that might not have the same possibilities if those were staying so far away.... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Psusennes I
Pharaoh


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 913
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people visit the British museum than visit the Cairo museum anyway.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maatkara wrote:
Ciao Claude II,
I have to say that I really feel disappointed by your behaviour, instead. It looks like you are not able to stand those opinions that can be different from yours and this is not a sign of respect or intelligence...
We are sharing different ideas about one important fact and if you want to have a civil discussion, then you have to respect others' thoughts without offending....
Italy has much more than the British Museum....noone ever said anything like what you said about us...not even Hawass... Wink
I can understand the feeling you have about the return of important pieces to Egypt, but you should also try to understand the point of view of all the thousends of people who have the chance to see those items in our museums, that might not have the same possibilities if those were staying so far away.... Wink


First of all I want to say that I am understanding your point and you are
so right when you saying that one has to respect other peoples opinion!!
This I hope to be understood with. My opinion are different then yours
and your motive to keep KEY RELICS not all relics are for me so bad...
Because the world is bigger then your Iceland!!!!!!!!! for me its cost
the same to visit London for a weekend as 14 days in Egypt and so for
almost any citizen that dont live in the British Iceland. When you read
that and understand that Germans and British peoples only argument
to not send those KEY RELICS BACK to Egypt is because then
you want be able to see them Question what abut the millions of people
around the world who wants to see them that dont live in your countries???
Why should they have to visit your country to see
Key Egyptian historic relics..... If I want to go to Germany or British Iceland
its because I am interested in your local history not be forced to do that
when I am interested in ancient Egyptian history....!!!

This maybe is rood to you but its offending to the rest of the world
when you are forcing us to visit your country just to see this relics

And this is my point and my opinion...!! But can you give one
really good reason why you should hold this Key relics
I would be the first to support it but the reasons you provided me
with so far is not near as good as bringing history home where
it rightfully belong....

Finally I want to say I am sorry if my language and use of words
are abusive but remember I am writing in a foreign language and
if I can be a little funny at the end try to write in Swedish Wink
You will see my point Laughing
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psusennes I wrote:
More people visit the British museum than visit the Cairo museum anyway.


Of cause when you are not giving people the option to chose and that is
why you want return this KEY RELICS who would visit your museum???
Your own history is not that interesting.... Wink

If you force people you can get almost anything you like Wink
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Psusennes I
Pharaoh


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 913
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claude II wrote:
Your own history is not that interesting....


How dare you?! Resorting to personal insults is hardly a fitting way to further your cause! Anyway, I think you'll find that British History is far more interesting than Swedish history! The Swedes' Empire was completely negligable in comparison to the British Empire, and your predecessors failed miserably to invade our greater nation.

We are forcing nobody, and I have been through this umpteen times. We found those relics- and we will preserve them. Egypt cannot take care of what it already has; giving her and Hawass more is hardly a morally justifiable action.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Si-amun
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 947
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually find it offensive to say that British History is not interesting when in fact Britain has one of the greatest histories in the world. As a country we ahve been established longer than most other European countries. Italy, heralded as the oldest European country was fragmented into smaller states until quite recently, the same with germany. Spain was a kingdom ruled by Moors and other invaders, France was constantly changing, being disolved into various Empires. Britain however has stood the test of time, proving that it can withhold attacks from enemy powers. The fact that we have not been truly invaded in a thousand years makes us (in my eyes) all the more interesting, not boring and colonialist as you suggest.
I am not proud of some of the atrocious thing that my country has done, I am distgusted by things such as the Amritsar Massacre and the Slave Trade, but I remember that my ancestors did these deeds hundreds of years ago, long before i was born. How can I be responsible for what they did? I am sure that Sweeden is ahrdly without guilt, you spent a vast part of your history pillaging English monsteries, raping English women and carrying off as much treasure as you could find. And that doesn't even include the atrocity you committed by sending us IKEA!
Brutal Facts are needed here. I am not a colonialist, I could hardly be further in fact. Yes, my ancestors did colonialise and yes my ancestors did hold slaves but I dont. Therefore, bringing up my family history is irrelevant. I dont think we should keep the Rosetta stone because we are greater than the Egyptians, I think we should keep it because it is, as you say, a key relic and doing more good in England, leading more people to Egypt than the few Ushabtis and rotting Papyri that you would leave us with. If everything considered "key" was shifted back to Cairo then Museums in the West would almost shut down. Hawass needs to realise that leading people to Egypt cant be done unless they have had a taster before. The Stone is seen by hundreds of thousands of people, in a key position in the museum, where would it be in Cairo? In some dusty sideroom away from the main tourist trail, where I found so many of their other "KEY RELICS".
_________________
Thou dost appear beautiful on the horizon of heaven, oh living Amun, he who was the first to live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Psusennes I
Pharaoh


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 913
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! Great! I agree completely with Si-Amun.

Eat intellect, Claude II!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to Si-amun Wink

Now I got your blood stream raising Laughing welcome in the club!

First of all No you are not the slave traders anymore and yes we in Sweden
has a dark side of history that we not living up to anymore...
Sorry abut IKEA they are maybe a little piece of our dark history Wink

But to the facts. You say that your history is bigger and more impressive
then any other history! well in the next sentence you are saying that
The "Rosetta stone" is the reason people visit the museum!
So what is it? is your history so great and so interested or not?

Why are so many people visit your museum? well what choice
do they have if they want to see this historic Relics?
With force you can get people to do anything as long as you
are the stronger part.

Why in the Twisted Evil should they put this stone in some backyard
when it means so much to them, just another insult to the Egyptians
and this is why I call you imperialistic

And to your part of not been invaded in modern time I hope that
you can answer this question!

What do you now abut "RJUKAN"? probably nothing and that is not because
that you are un educated!
But I can tell you if it was not for "RJUKAN" there would not be a
British Iceland today and probably nothing of the rest of the world!

I salute the heroes of RJUKAN who saved the world and those 60
civilian that gave their lives so we can sit here and discuss this thing
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psusennes I wrote:
Hah! Great! I agree completely with Si-Amun.

Eat intellect, Claude II!


A little notis to you....
What countries are you from who reject this so hard??? Question
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MaatKeru
Tomb Robber


Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also find it insulting that you think of British history to be inferior, as I am a native on the wonderful country of England.


You may also want to MAKE YOUR TEXT CLEARER. TRY SPEAKING ENGLISH? You know that UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED language. Your grammar, spelling and limited vocabulary are pathetic and sicken me. I would rather die than be you.

PLEASE! Go and spam up another forum rather than this one. I'm sure Si-Amun and Psusennes will join me in unison in saying LEAVE RIGHT NOW YOU INCONGRUOUS FUTILE LITTLE MAN.

EUGH! IKEA! That horrible swedish brand has vomited all over my Aunts house, and it now looks like something out of the film Barbarella.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Si-amun
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 947
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying that our history is boring or rubbish and if you go to the British Museum then you will see that much of our history IS on display, in huge and amazing galleries. As we are actually in England our heritage is displayed not only in Museums but in every stately home, every castle, every street name and town. We dont have Egyptian temples lying about our countryside as the Egyptians themselves do. I dont think a small rock is anything compared to the majesty of Karnak. We preserve a small piece of Egyptian antiquity with reverance and respect, like we do with our own history. If we can display our heritage proudly throught the nation, as Egypt does then I cannot see the harm in a small stone being in England.

As for your comment about the Egyptian Museum displaying their antiquities with pride, I disagree completely. The Amarna statues were displayed in a little back room which was nearly impossible to find, and they are the most famous pieces of sculpture created before the birth of Christ. I doubt they'd treat the Rosetta stone any better! At least in London it is well displayed, signposted and looked after.

And unless you are going to post on more topics than this I am getting upset about you staying here solely to annoy us. You come onto an established forum and try and take on some of the most well established posters!
_________________
Thou dost appear beautiful on the horizon of heaven, oh living Amun, he who was the first to live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaatKeru wrote:
I also find it insulting that you think of British history to be inferior, as I am a native on the wonderful country of England.


You may also want to MAKE YOUR TEXT CLEARER. TRY SPEAKING ENGLISH? You know that UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED language. Your grammar, spelling and limited vocabulary are pathetic and sicken me. I would rather die than be you.

PLEASE! Go and spam up another forum rather than this one. I'm sure Si-Amun and Psusennes will join me in unison in saying LEAVE RIGHT NOW YOU INCONGRUOUS FUTILE LITTLE MAN.

EUGH! IKEA! That horrible Swedish brand has vomited all over my Aunts house, and it now looks like something out of the film Barbarella.


And this kind of language is not insulting Question
It is not me who downgrade British history its you who claims that
no one would visit your Museum if you sent the Rosetta Stone back!
I just have to ask me what are left to view since you self are saying
that no one would go there. I just ask if your history is so boring
that no one wants to visit your museum.

To my language and poor English well that is something you have to live with Wink

How abut the Question I asked the others! Do you now the answer?

Claus Helberg is the next hint Wink

What the Twisted Evil you dont now it so I will tell you Wink

Claus Hellberg and some friends if him did the heroic act of blowing
up the German factory that produced "Heavy Water" They needed
that to build the A-Bomb if it was not for those heroes one of the
V2 rockets that hit your country hade been loaded with a "A-Bomb"
the outcome of that we all can be glad to not now.
They also hade to sink ferry with 60 Norwegian civilians in to make sure
that the first load of richen uran would never come to Germany

So before you take all credit abut saving the world you should
think abut this people who probably saved it and made the invasion
of Normandy possible
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Claude II
Egyptian Architect


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 112
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si-amun wrote:
I am not saying that our history is boring or rubbish and if you go to the British Museum then you will see that much of our history IS on display, in huge and amazing galleries. As we are actually in England our heritage is displayed not only in Museums but in every stately home, every castle, every street name and town. We dont have Egyptian temples lying about our countryside as the Egyptians themselves do. I dont think a small rock is anything compared to the majesty of Karnak. We preserve a small piece of Egyptian antiquity with reverance and respect, like we do with our own history. If we can display our heritage proudly throught the nation, as Egypt does then I cannot see the harm in a small stone being in England.

As for your comment about the Egyptian Museum displaying their antiquities with pride, I disagree completely. The Amarna statues were displayed in a little back room which was nearly impossible to find, and they are the most famous pieces of sculpture created before the birth of Christ. I doubt they'd treat the Rosetta stone any better! At least in London it is well displayed, signposted and looked after.

And unless you are going to post on more topics than this I am getting upset about you staying here solely to annoy us. You come onto an established forum and try and take on some of the most well established posters!


Well I thought that discussion was part of having a forum?
But once agine there seems to be force instead of words
Yes you are probably the biggest posters here and doing a fine job
but cant we discuss and exchange are opinion then you are right
kick me out Smile

Your experience of the Museum of Cairo is yours.. I found the Armana room
very easy but that is maybe because I hade a good guide that ask me
what I want to see. The museum is very big and to go around there
with out a guide is nothing I recomend.

And I am convinced that the Museum in London is amazing and that your
history is that to but it is not me that suggest that it should be boring
it is your argument that are doing that,
"Citat"
-if the stone where sent
back to Egypt no one would visit the museum

I hope that one day you would understand that I want to chose
if I want to visit England not be forced to do it because I must do it
As you are saying if I visit England because I want to se your amazing
historic places and pieces then I want have to a cross the globe do several
place when I can do that by visiting England. and that is my argument
for the return of those relics. When I visit Egypt is it because
of my interest in ancient Egypt not to have to go to London and Berlin

But we can stop this discussion now you will never understand this Crying or Very sad
_________________
Free the Queen klick the image
http://www.queen-nefertiti.com


Discuss this issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 10373 / 0