Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

zahi hawass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marta
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: zahi hawass Reply with quote

ahlan wrote:
What do you think about Mr. Hawass in these amazing days? Evil or Very Mad

I Like him and he seems very personable on the TV specials that I have seen him on. However I do believe that he as well as the Egyptian Government is hiding information about the sphinx. I t was shown that there is a vault under the front paw of it as Edgar Case had predicted and I am guessing that it also contains the information that Casey said was there also.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago, an extensive examination was made of the sphnix and the surrounding area. Other than a natural cave-like presence, and a short tunnel dug during the 19th century, there was no man-made vault found.
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone read the 'Stargate Conspiracy' by Lynn Picknett
and Clive Prince? They don't have a high opinion of him either.
Kharis
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent a little time reading this long and sometimes difficult thread, I am surprised at the level of criticism levelled at Dr Hawass. Yes, the man has a very big ego and uses publicity very well to present his own image as well as any bits of AE history he is currently involved in, however, he has done a lot to encourage participation by Egyptian archaeologists in the investigation and conservation of their own history.

It is certainly true that if not for foreign archaeologists over the last two hundred years, much of what we now know would still be buried under rock or the sands.

However, perhaps it is now the time for Egyptians to "call the shots" regarding who digs in Egypt and how they conduct their research.

It is interesting, regarding the bust of Nefertiti, that the German archaeologists, as a condition of their licence to dig, were obliged to hand any major finds over to the Egyptian government. They immediately recognised the importance of Nefertiti's bust, but described it as an unfinished head, so as to smuggle it out of Egypt and to Berlin.

I think, in these circumstances, Dr Hawass is correct to ask for it to be returned, as it can rightly be regarded as "stolen" under the terms of the original digging licence.
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the Nefertiti head but do not think everything should be returned.
Meresankh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnrees wrote:
I agree on the Nefertiti head but do not think everything should be returned.

I agree with tnrees on this aspect.
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: You Tube Reply with quote

I have two documentaries of him on my you tube site. One is Nefertiti, and the other is Nefertiti in search of the lost Dynasty. He did I.D. 3 new mummies. I hate writing on this gray background. Is there anyway to change that? I'll have to look up the spelling of the 3 mummies before I write them down. They are very important mummies.The mummies are of
Akhenaten, Kiya, and Queen Tiye. I am not sure of the spelling of Queen Tiye. This is accoding to Dr Hawass

Last edited by tbruner on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
tbruner
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Return Them Reply with quote

I think they should be returned, mainly the important ones.
tbruner
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: It's The Law Reply with quote

I seem to remember a law past that no artifacts were to leave Egypt no matter who discovered them. This law was in place before they discovered King Tut's tomb.
tbruner
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Dr Hawass Reply with quote

It said on the news that Dr Hawass is stepping down from his post. Why I don't know. The revolution may have something to do with it. Maybe the breakin of the museum, which there was little damage could be part of it and the outside destruction that is occuring like in places like the Valley of Kings. Who knows? Does anyone know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: