Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smenkhkare/Nefertiti
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Smenkhkare/Nefertiti Reply with quote

So what are your thoughts? Are they the same person or not?

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting poll!
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've always been curious about this, and while there's a lot of evidence to support it, it's hard to fit the KV55 tomb into the picture.

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from the books I've read about her character, I'd think that he was Nefertiti in disguise! But, is it true? No one knows.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, there have to be more than two people with an opinion here! Rolling Eyes

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Smenkhkare and Nefertiti were two different people. If Nefertiti were Smenkhkare, then who was the mummy in KV 55? Most people think that it is Smenkhkare (Although we all wish it were AKhenaten!) If it weren't Smenkhakre, then who would it be? There wasn't another royal family member that we are aware of that was that age.

P.S. Does anybody know anything about an older brother of Akhenaten? I read somewhere that he died about 5 years before Amunhotep III at an undetermined age. However I can't remember if I read it in a fiction or non-fiction book. I read in another book that in Tutankhamen't tomb they found something inscribed with the name Prince Duhtmose, whom it says was Tutankhamen's uncle (If her were a prince and his uncle, then it wuld have to be a brother of Akhenaten, right?)
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dun't know. Would you like me to search?
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if you want to Smile
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes his name was Dhutmose and he was the original heir before Akhenaten. A whip or whip handle was found in Tut's tomb with his name on it.
I used to think that perhaps nefertiti and Smenkare may have been the same but then I thought why would she do that when their was already an heir, Tutankhamun?
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she knew Tut was sceptical about Aten, maybe?
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good point! especially as she knew he was young and would be influenced by Ay and Horemheb. But here's an interesting point, why did she not simply wait to serve as regent when Tutankhamun came to the throne as she probably would have done? Maybe she was co regent and Ay or Horemheb killed her so there was no one to get between them and the new young king or if it Nefertiti wasn't pharaoh maybe she was jsut killed to prevent her becoming regent.
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they've found a whole bunch of evidence that they are the same, and that nefertiti is also neferneferuaten.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thoughts here, huh?
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but we already know one of Nefertiti's names was 'Neferuaten' just like one of Smenkare's names was 'Neferuaten'. I don't think it means anything. 'Beautiful are the beauties of Aten' could apply to either one of them. Just because they both have it doesn't mean they were one and the same. We don't think 'Meriaten' and 'Meritaten Tasherait' were the same do we? Some might argue then why was the epithet 'Tasherait' not applied to Smenkare. Possibly because he didn't receive the name 'Neferuaten' until Nefertiti had 'died'. He would then have know further need to emphasise the fact that he was the 'youner' Neferuaten. Also he may never have used the epithet because he was a guy and Nefertit wasn't. It seems to be applied only when the name is shared by older and younger family members of the same sex.
amenhotep IV
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to believe that the 2 are not one in the same and that Nefertiti tomb is not yet discovered and is intact. That would be an archeologistís dream and a gem to the world.

The study of ancient Egypt is a great passion of mine and I'm self taught. There is no evidence to support the idea that Queen Nefertiti and Smenkhkare is the same individual. The experts do a grave injustice to Egyptís history by creating these imaginative ideals that stray far from real world. Sadly most people actually read and believe the information instead of analyzing the theories of these bogus expects.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: