Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Granite seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tut
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Granite seals Reply with quote

I need to know when the granite seals in the Grand gallery were put in (Not date, but when in the process of building). Cant find it out... Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

PsyPharaoh
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this applies to the grand gallery, but from I've heard different ways of adding in the seals. My sources only apply to pyramids, but perhaps this can give you an idea.

The first way (and the way I personally believe it happened) was that as the pyramid was made, it was made in layers from bottom to top. As they would build, they would accomodate as fit to add rooms, hallways, what have you. After a room was completed, and the roof had begun being built, they left a slot in the ceiling perpendicular to the hallway. All that had to be done was they had to insert the coverstone into the slot (like a poptart, I guess), and continue to build upward.

The second way is to just push in the cover stone.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help. I'm going to wonder about this for a while now.
Tut
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that is probly what they did, as lots of sources talk about building up slowly exactly like that.Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: