Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince Kamose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Prince Kamose Reply with quote

Anyone have any good links about him? Ever since I read the Lords of Two Lands Trilogy by Pauline Gedge I have been interested in him.. finally sat down to do a bit of research on him and can't find much on the net.
Thanx in advance!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article on him from Tour Egypt.

http://www.touregypt.net/17dyn15.htm

I haven't really read any good books about Ancient Egypt. A lot of times the author will make up events or skew the characters so that they fit in with the plot, and it generally ruins the historically accurate factor that I must have when reading historical fiction. Although Judith Tarr's Pillar of Fire and King and Goddess are pretty good.
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quitw a few fiction set in AE.. I really love them. I think my fav has to be Christian Jacq. Granted, they are all ficticious, but it is kinda fun to see what writers feel these people might of done or thought about. I wish there was some way we could know for sure.... but alas, even with all the tech we have we still don't know Crying or Very sad
PS Ankhesenpa-aten~ I saw that one too. I was just wondering if there was maybe something more in depth about him which I hadn't been able to find. Thanks for the help though!!!!!
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find very much on Kamose, and what I did find is kinda muddling! It seems the main problem with finding his familial relationships is confused, because of the mix-up with Aahotep, his mother. Seems there were at least two, and possibly three with the same name. It's not even sure if the Aahotep that was Amose's mother is the same Aahotep that was Kamose's, making the brother connection "iffy". Although his tomb has been discoved, his body is among the missing. There seems to be no inscriptions that can be attributed to him (other than in his tomb) although he is mentioned in several. I can't find any references to him in my boks, other that just brief descriptions of his reign, his father, and his starting of the war to expell the Hyksos.
Sorry!
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx! There are a few refs in my books, but not much. Why is he so obsure if he was instrumental in ridding Egypt of the Hyksos? You would think there would be more on him! He seems like an intresting character. Well, I will keep looking and if anyone else finds anything, please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: