Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tutankhamen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nala_04
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: King Tutankhamen Reply with quote

I don't like this. Mad I need to do a summary on King Tut and it's hard. I can't find much info. This site has helped a lot though. If you have a site that i can use besides this one please post it on this thread. Thanks Guys!!!
Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/Eankchildren.html
That is quite a good site, it has three sections dedicated to Tutankhamun, his life ruling, his possible murder and his tomb.

Edited by DM28 for easier viewing
nala_04
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Quote:
That is quite a good site
Osiris_God
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si-amun thanks for the site i checked it out it was pretty kool Very Happy
Sekhmet the fearsome
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that site rocked! Twisted Evil
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice URL... Cool But I like that site. So cool.
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That King Tutankhamen special is on National Geographic right now. Lol, my dad is more interested in it than I am. Laughing
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I blame you, though, Ramsekh. If you're anything like me, and have had enough of Tutankhaten practically being the figure head for Egyptology, then perhaps .. enough is enough?

Anyhoo, that site ... Wow, loads of great information, there! That person has way too much free time!

...I believe it high time to destroy Tutankhaten. This is why they tried to erase him from the records. They didn't want him to be found. They didn't want him to be paraded around like some war trophy. They wanted to be left alone..! But they messed up, forgot a link. We have Tutankhaten, and we'll use him to destroy Egypt's history!! .. Er, maybe not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
peever316
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the bomb diggity
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unas wrote:
I can't say I blame you, though, Ramsekh. If you're anything like me, and have had enough of Tutankhaten practically being the figure head for Egyptology, then perhaps .. enough is enough?

Anyhoo, that site ... Wow, loads of great information, there! That person has way too much free time!

...I believe it high time to destroy Tutankhaten. This is why they tried to erase him from the records. They didn't want him to be found. They didn't want him to be paraded around like some war trophy. They wanted to be left alone..! But they messed up, forgot a link. We have Tutankhaten, and we'll use him to destroy Egypt's history!! .. Er, maybe not.

Whoa, whoa, whoooooaaaa!!!! Shocked Laughing

Loverly site! I just wish that sometimes, Tut's story--the WHOLE thing, from beggining to end, even so bold as to fill in the spaces--could be told. Even an educated guess. I've watched shows and specials on the National Geographic channel, Travel channel, Discovery Times channel, and any other kind of channel like the above mentioned, where all they talked about was his tomb, how it was found and the "Mummy's curse", and who died. Only ONE special--The Assassination of King Tut on Discovery Channel--was somewhat CLOSE to telling his story, and had actors portray the people in his life, and of course himself. (Hell, I even taped it!! Laughing Laughing ).

But I'm sick of them telling the same story of just his tomb and just the curse. There's a LOT more to the story, and you all gotta agree with me on that. I can die happily if Tut's true story was finally told, AND proof that Tut is Akhenaten's son. (I'm so passionate about that, forgive me. Shocked Confused ).

So Unas...Why lay off Tut now, when only 1/4 of his story is told? Laughing Personally, and I'm sorry to say this but I gotta get this off my chest-- I'll only be satisfied when his story--and Akhenaten's, I'm bold enough to say--are told correctly, and that evidence...ANYTHING....will straighten out any doubts, conflicts and long-lasting debates. And then, finally, we can take a breather.

...And on one note: They SHOULD have left him alone, just as they should have done with all the other kings and priests and civilians and servants, right? But...it's a bittersweet thing, really. We WANT to know how they lived, what they did, and back then they wanted to see what they LOOKED like, apparently, and how mummification was done. But then, you may ask, "Why look at a body, when there are records of it!? It was written down, wasn't it? The process of mummification? And why need a body to see how they lived!? It's on the walls of tombs and palaces and temples, and also written down! We could have just as easily read the accounts instead of disturbing the tombs and burial grounds! Why!?"

Simple, for most people, sadly, seeing is believing. Point blank.

Sorry to be blunt, but...umm..there you go. That's my take on it. If I'm wrong, anywhere...Geez, I haven't been on here in a while, I need to refresh... Sad ....Let me know, point me out in the right direction. Sorry if this offends people. Unas, you guys, I missed you, it's been tooooo long since I was on here!!! Cool Very Happy Very Happy

Merytre-Hatshepsut
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may like this one:
Tutankhamen's life
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this, too! I'm thinking of writing a book about Tutankhamen's life, and I think these websites will be very useful! Thank you all! Smile
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merytre-Hatshepsut wrote:
You may like this one:
Tutankhamen's life

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU, I LOVE THIS!!!! ^____^ THIS IS AWESOME...!!! *Dances and puts link in favorites* You made my day better, thank you for the link!!! ^___^ It provides VERY good info on everything...thank yoouuuuuuu!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool You are sooo cool!
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris wrote:
I like this, too! I'm thinking of writing a book about Tutankhamen's life, and I think these websites will be very useful! Thank you all! Smile

And Lostris, I forgot, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until I posted!!! Good luck with your book, my Tut comic is almost ready to be published!! Before it is, I'll put up a link for it when I put it up on my Livejournal site, and share it with you guys before it's released next year!!! Lostris, keep up the good work, hun!! ^___^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: