Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's Your Favorite Queen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NefertariAnubis
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My namesake, Nefertari, and Hatshepsut...now SHE was AWESOME! Very Happy

*Born in Cairo and named after the Queen*
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhesenamen is sweet and I also like Nefertari... But I hate Nefertiti. I don't really know why -- maybe I'm jealous. Yeah I know its sickly. Laughing
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand, Lostris...you're "Jealous" cause Nefertiti has Akhenaten!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

As for me...I like Hatshepsut!! Very Happy The strong woman-pharaoh!! She inspires me, for some strange, odd reason... Laughing Wink

Hatshepsut76
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree on what tutness says... Wink
As you can see from my nick, Hatshepsut is my favourite woman-pharaoh... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wow, someone ACTUALLY agrees with me??!?! AWESOME!!! Very Happy Laughing Wink And I'll agree with Hatshepsut, also!! I don't know why, but I agree, nonetheless!! Laughing

Hatshepsut rocks!! Cool

Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking with Cleopatra! At least she remained a woman officially, depicting herself as a stunning goddess and not some muscular man! lol, Now Cleopatra was a strong woman! And anyone who says she was Greek will get a cyber slap! lol, its like saying that Americans are all English, Irish, Italian etc still!!! After 300 years I think she qualifies as an Egyptian!
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I haven't posted my favorite queen! How odd..

As far as my favorite to study, that's Nefertiti - because there's always some random nutjob with a crazy new theory, or stupid concept on her life..

But my favorite overall is Hatsepshut. I don't know why, but well... prove me wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hatshepsut, too, but my favourite is Ankhesenamen! She is sooo sweeeet Smile kittykittykittykitty... *groan* I think it was a hard day again...
Merytre-Hatshepsut
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the famous ones are interesting:
Ahhotep, Ahomose-Nefertari, Hatshepsut, Tiye, Nefertiti, Nefertari, etc.

But I have to say There are some mose obscure ones that I find just as intriguing if not more.

Merytre-Hatshepsut, the great wife of Tuthmosis III is a very interesting woman to me. She married one of the strongest kings of the dynasty, lived on through her son Amenhotep II's reign and then seems to have been on the loosing side of a battle for succession and power.

Another interesting woman is Queen Tia, Merytre-Hatshepsut's daughter-in-law, and apparently her opponent in the struggle for power.

If I went "into character" as M-H, the I would now yell somthing to the effect of : "And the B... stole all my monuments!!!"

LOL

Other interesting women are the "other queens of Ramses II:
Isetnofret, Meryetamun, Bintanath, Maathorneferure etc.
I wonder what is was like to be just one of so many women.....

Would drive me nuts. I didn't like to share my toys as a child, so I definitely would not like to share my man as an adult Twisted Evil
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I can't help but say thank's for the applause of Hatshepsut. For without her I would not be whole. As off balance as that sound's to the ear. Antiquity rattle's these bone's, and I feel with the sense's what has been long forgotten. What majesty of purpose we lived in those day's! Today I feel blessed by the touch of each of you in celebration of Ancient Egypt, her land and it's people; their Sun God/Ra.
Today, as then, we pray for peace and brotherhood amongs't all people's.
Peace out KTO! Razz
Daughter_of_Ra
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Cleopatra is my favorirte queen because she was able to use her gender to gain power! Power to girls!!! Very Happy Wink
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But she used too much of her feminine wiles and led Egypt into its ultimate demise! Besides, she might not have been as beautiful as the bust predicts (that is, if you're into a one eyed, half eared stone woman). Many wall motifs show a horridly ugly woman. The bust could have been an artists desire for survival! Very Happy
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an interesting thesis that it was anthonys infatuation with her that led to the Battle of Actium and therefore the end of Egypt. I entered it into a competition and I am still waiting to see how I did!
kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wrote an interesting thesis that it was anthonys infatuation with her that led to the Battle of Actium and therefore the end of Egypt. I entered it into a competition and I am still waiting to see how I did!

Good luck with the competition, Si-amun. You should get plenty of points for accuracy. I hate to use such a modern slang term, but in this case it's true. Mark Antony was utterly and completely whipped.

So taken by Cleopatra and her land was he that in 34 BCE, Antony divided certain parts of the eastern Roman Empire between Cleopatra and her children. To the Roman Senate he explained away this action by stating that he was installing client rulers. However, this did not sit well with Octavian, Mark Antony's brother-in-law by his Roman wife. Octavian unleashed a smear campaign against Mark Antony and Cleopatra.

Octavian's propoganda centered around the debauched affairs between Cleopatra and Mark Antony. As a result, in 32 BCE Rome declared war on Egypt and Cleopatra VII.

In 31 BCE Octavian defeated Mark Antony's navy at the battle of Actium, partly because Cleopatra's Egyptian fleet unexpectedly withdrew from the fight. Octavian then invaded Egypt itself, and the Egyptians were no match for the Romans. Mark Antony committed suicide and was soon followed by Cleopatra VII, who took her own life on August 10, 30 BCE. That's the romantic version, anyway. Of course we can't be certain how Cleopatra actually died. It's just as likely that Octavian's men slaughtered her, as they did her young son, Ptolemy Caesarion (who as heir was even more of a threat than Cleopatra).

Sorry I prattled on so long. Fascinating stuff, this. Let us know how the competition turns out, Si-amun. We're cheering for you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Josephine of France.
I wrote a 12 page report about her and got an A.
She was just this woman that was constantly used and victimized,yet she remained in control. She was almost executed for being married to this jerk that had a child with a married woman!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: