Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Research Essay: Any Hints?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eliopolis
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Research Essay: Any Hints?!?! Reply with quote

Hey guys, Umm well i have the choice between three essay topics but i've narrowed it down to two, which are as follows:

1. Cleopatra was the last of the great Pharaohs of Egypt. Why was she the last and what what influence did she have not only on her people but also on forwign countries? This great ancient civilisatoin fell due to Cleopatra's poor leadership.

or
2. Ancient Egypt was solely centred on religios beleifs

Pretty much can you HELP!!! i'm a fan on 1 but 2 could be interesting, but im rather lost for factual information.
Thanx a Bundle Amz...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What course are you doing? Are you at University?

I personally would choose 2# by the way, but don't let me sway you. Choose which ever one you think you could get the highest mark in.
Use books to read up as much as you can on both subjects and see which you get most 'stuck into'. I tend to get better marks on subjects that I am interested in.

There is some good short sharp info at:

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/history/heads/library/egypt.html

-Psusennes I

Last edited by Psusennes I on Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would pick essay One. It is far more focussed than essay Two and will give you much more oppurtunity to conduct deep and thorough research. You will be dealing with a few decades, not a few millenia. If you do essay Two you will have to discuss the constantly changing status of cults, gods and priesthood. You will have to mention Atenism, monotheism and some really complicated religous ideas which would fill a huge volume. Essay One will give you the best chance to show your knowledge. I know I would do the first essay.
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si-amun wrote:
Personally I would pick essay One. It is far more focussed than essay Two and will give you much more oppurtunity to conduct deep and thorough research. You will be dealing with a few decades, not a few millenia. If you do essay Two you will have to discuss the constantly changing status of cults, gods and priesthood. You will have to mention Atenism, monotheism and some really complicated religous ideas which would fill a huge volume. Essay One will give you the best chance to show your knowledge. I know I would do the first essay.

My god, you make sense! O_o
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si-Amun's opinion certainly makes more sense than mine. She has certainly made me change my mind!

Yep. I agree with Si-Amun.
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx a bundle guys, im going to submit two essay plans to my teacher and see which one she thinks i have a more balanced essay on. But you've given me some great ideas! thanx!!
Eliopolis
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh btw im in college (Yr 12)
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a brilliant year, I have to say! I am doing the same at the moment, Philosophy and ethics, English Literature, Drama, General Studies and of course History. Philosophy is so hard, but I am loving every second of the course.
Eliopolis
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes got to say im loving year 12, i wouldnt leave if i didnt have to Very Happy im studying Economics (keeps my mind alive Razz), Maths (yup.. BORING!), Film as text as an english course (rather interesting, and i've always been a film noir fan Very Happy), People, Beliefs and society ( a real mind openner) and of course my two history lines, one of which is lost worlds (I.e Egypt, Mayans celts all that cool old stuff) and the other is modern European and Australian. As you can see school is loads of fun, so i dont mind staying, although i cant wait for uni and a history degree of sorts Very Happy
Anck-su-Namun
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I would be careful with if you do Essay #1 is that Cleopatra was a Queen of Egypt. Although there were many female rulers, Hatshepsut was the only female that is recognized as a true Pharoah.

Great topics Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i would cetaliy choose #1 because cleopatra was one of the greatist pharos and one of the last potolomy rulers after they taken over and therrs like lots of imformation on her

and i just did and essay on her so i wrote like a 5 page essay beacuse it had so much imformation on her Very Happy
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opps i gess i was late on thats pole therr sorry Embarassed
he he he he
drat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: