Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many books?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: How many books? Reply with quote

How many books do all of you own related primarily to Ancient Egypt? I think have about three hundred and fifty, but I haven't counted properly in years.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None.
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including fiction, I have about 75 ... pretty measly compared to yours Rolling Eyes
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all, I have been collecting for about 13 years. Most of them were presents and I often have several versions of the same book. I bought another copy of the book of the dead yeasterday because it had the hieroglyphic transcript and transliteration. That will make the third copy I have of the book now. i think I just have more mney than sense! lol.
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of books.. Have your heard of / read The Lost Tomb by Kent R. Weeks? The front says "In 1995, an American Egyptologist discovered the burial site of the Sons of Ramesses II.... This is his incredible story of KV 5 and its excavation.

I bought it and plan to start reading it tonight, but was kinda wondering how it was.

PS I have been collecting for abour 2 years.. so I guess I am not doing bad Laughing
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mary500 wrote:
Speaking of books.. Have your heard of / read The Lost Tomb by Kent R. Weeks? The front says "In 1995, an American Egyptologist discovered the burial site of the Sons of Ramesses II.... This is his incredible story of KV 5 and its excavation.

I bought it and plan to start reading it tonight, but was kinda wondering how it was.

PS I have been collecting for abour 2 years.. so I guess I am not doing bad Laughing

Hi Mary500, Welcome to KingTutOne Smile i haven't read Dr. Weeks book but hear that it is pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.

My own library consists of 467 titles, but only 280 are on Egypt, and i have no duplicates within my library. The rest of my books take up the history of ancient mankind from the Neolithic to the early period of Christianity, and the rest are books on religions. i have a very large collection on the Bronze Age of which many of my Egyptian books fit into.

My favorite quote is by Erasmus, " Before i buy food, shelter, clothes, i buy books." i have been collecting for more years than i care to recount and still look forward to adding to my library.

Mary500 i hope you continue to enjoy KingTutOne! And welcome again!
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been extremely interested in egypt since 3rd grade. When I read an article in a magazine about a tomb i think. It just grew on me and after that i began checking out books from my school library. People thought I was a freak. I don't have very many books. Maybe around 20. I mostly read stuff online.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libraries- what wonderful places!!! That is where I actually get a lot of my stuff from, then if I really like it, I may buy it. Our local library is actually really cool.. it, in itself, is not very big, but I can request books from all over the state and they bring them in, at their own cost, for me to read.
I don't know if ya'll check there regularly, but quite a few of my books I have bought on ebay and at the discovery channel website.
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check alot of my books out from my Library too.I only own about 15 or so Egyptian books myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: