Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Tonight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: TV Tonight Reply with quote

Thought ya'll might be interested.
On the discocery times channel, tonight (9/3):

7-8 pm CST Ancient Egyptians "The Battle of Megiddo"
8-9 pm CST Ancient Egyptians "Tomb Robbers"
9-10 pm CST Ancient Egyptians "Priests of Amun"

It repeats (along with Vesuvius: Dealdly Fury) until 1 pm CST tomorrow.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Priests of Amun about a murdr in the Temple of Teudjoi (sorry about the spelling)? Because I think I have those on DVD, there is another in that group about the burial of the APis bull and a pair of twins associated with the ceremony.
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the TV menu says about them. I don't know if I have seen them or not, so can't really tell you for sure.

Battle of Megiddo- A young inexperienced pharoah Thutmosis III faces a rebel rising, culminating in the Battle of Megiddo.

Tomb Robbers- A tomb robbing scandal rocks ancient Thebes, pitting rival mayors from the East and West sides of the city against each other and implicating high-places officials.

Priests of Amun- An ancient papyrus document reveals a tale of high politics, jealousy and tradgedy, that ends with the death of two young boys.
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have seen them all as I bought them on DVD about a week ago. They are fantastic, the one about the Tomb Robbers was my favourite one. The actor playing the Vizier looked brilliant. It is so interesting to see the corruption of a government, dead three thousand years.
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have those on tape (along with 80 hours of other documentaries). I really enjoyed this series.
I posted a synopsis of each program a few months back.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Si-amun
Quote:
Is the Priests of Amun about a murdr in the Temple of Teudjoi (sorry about the spelling)? Because I think I have those on DVD, there is another in that group about the burial of the APis bull and a pair of twins associated with the ceremony

Yes I saw the one with the twins. Apparently their mother abandonned them when she remarried and left them to fend for themselves. They were taken into the service of the Apis Bulls and received an income for it. Turns out someone then tried to steal their money but I cannot remember what happened next.
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched them since they originally aired back in Dec, but if my memory serves me correctly, they wrote the Pharoah for help, which went unanswered, and no other records were ever found of them.
Servant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australia some really good history shows on, atm they are going on a stint of ancient egypt ones, pitty you guys cant come watch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: