Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do different hieroglyphic pictures mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MummyGirl_101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: What do different hieroglyphic pictures mean? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anybody new of a good site that had pictures of hieroglyphics and also told what they mean.<I need a site that is printer friendly>

MummyGirl_101
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could go google. click thsi site and do a search on the meaning of hieroglyphics:
www.google.com
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Mummy Girl_101 Reply with quote

What is Trigun and Jappanes Anime? I have never heard of these.

Mummy Girl_101
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that. Anime is short for animation. But, you couldn't say American anime, anime is only used for Japanese animation. Trigun is a Japanese animation show that was never aired on TV. To watch it, you need to order it. It's rated PG-13, so it's not little younger children's stuff, like Pokemon, or Digimon, or DBZ. It's a TV thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be rude, but I would like to ask that you keep the subject on Egypt. If you want to talk about something else, please do so in personal messages or by e-mail. We're trying to keep this as an Egytpain message board, so let's just talk about that. Smile

Thank-you,

One of the Moderators
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotcha, sorry.
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a book on how to read and understand hieroglyphics for Christmas, so if you want, I'll check my book and try to find answers for your questions. So, fire away.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a hieroglyphic book the other day. It's called "The Illustrated Hieroglyphic Handbook" by Ruth Schumann-Antelne and Stephanie Rossini. It's pretty good so far. It's broken up into three parts, one for the words that are spelled out and then the determinative at the end (A glyph of what the word says). Then there's two more sections, each with different types of words, but I don't remember what they're called. But if you're trying to learn hieroglyphics, I'd recommend it. I bought mine at borders, but they probably sell it at Amazon.com, too.
MummyGirl_101
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WILL CHECK THAT OUT AND SEE IF I CAN FIND IT. DO YOU THINK THAT THEY MIGHT SELL IT AT BARNES AND NOBLE?
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible. If you go to their website you can probably search for it. Another place to look would be Ebay. I'm not sure if anyone would be selling it yet, though, because it was just published this year. But if you can't find it anywhere else, you could check there just to make sure.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My book has a hard black cover. I forgot what it says. I'll tell you tomarrow. Gotta go to bed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: